Generation *********...

Man of Honour
I'm not sure if times are changing, or I am, maybe both, but I was watching old videos from one of my favourite youtube stars (Angry Video Game Nerd) earlier today and I picked up how a lot of the insults used were homophobic, in the same way that it's homophobic to intentionally try and insult a man by implying 'he likes willy'. Yes it's all very childish and intentionally so, but I do wonder how these videos will be viewed in 20 years. Even things like early South Park... this is gay, that's gay etc.

I kind of think as a child (being late 20s now) I was rightly taught to be sensitive of race and religion, but collectively I think we are only now catching up with tolerance to non-heterosexual sexualities. Saying 'that's gay', the old schoolyard putdown, is becoming less acceptable - rightly so. I wonder if in 50 years time, grandchildren will roll-eyes or scorn at 'gay' comments used by the elderly (i.e. the current younger generations) in the way that we roll eyes or scorn at elderly people for making racist comments.

But yes, examples like the OP refers to are ridiculous.

Soldato
I don't think western civilization will survive the next 50 years, By that time the west will have been so infantilized that we could literally be conquered in 1 day.

and who's fault is it that generation ********* turned out the way it did?

and what did their parents generation say about them when they were at this stage?

Soldato
and who's fault is it that generation ********* turned out the way it did?

and what did their parents generation say about them when they were at this stage?

I don't think any generation in the west has ever really been at this stage before, This is the first time in western history that grown men and women, En masse, Are acting like overly spoiled mentally deranged children that quite literally cry at the least bit of resistance to their Orwellian ideas and thrown violent tantrums when they don't get their way.

I don't know what the parents did but they failed badly.

Caporegime
I'm not sure if times are changing, or I am, maybe both, but I was watching old videos from one of my favourite youtube stars (Angry Video Game Nerd) earlier today and I picked up how a lot of the insults used were homophobic, in the same way that it's homophobic to intentionally try and insult a man by implying 'he likes willy'. Yes it's all very childish and intentionally so, but I do wonder how these videos will be viewed in 20 years. Even things like early South Park... this is gay, that's gay etc.

just look at some 80s movies - full on date rape was just a jokey thing:

asians were fair game for ethnic humour:

Soldato
I don't think any generation in the west has ever really been at this stage before, This is the first time in western history that grown men and women, En masse, Are acting like overly spoiled mentally deranged children that quite literally cry at the least bit of resistance to their Orwellian ideas and thrown violent tantrums when they don't get their way.

I don't know what the parents did but they failed badly.

Spoiling children led to spoilt adults with little grasp of reality. These childults, shocked by the real world, instead looked for a safe space by creating a fantasy world in their mind. Believing that they are special **********, they get extremely upset when they're reminded of the fact that this isn't actually true, which is why normal, rational people are attacked by them.

Soldato
They're nannied by the authorities who seem to like the idea of grown adults being big children with jobs, first thing I learned in school was the "sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never hurt you" nursery rhyme. Todays ********** probably feel threatened simply by the mention of sticks and stones breaking bones.

Except that rhyme is the biggest load of rubbish ever. I'd much rather get in a fight with someone and end up in hospital than deal with people saying nasty things about me all the time. So I say bring on the sticks and stones but leave the words at home.

Caporegime
Yeah but no. It's not really a big deal outside of very, relatively small, circles.

It's just really easy to identify because they stick out like sore thumbs.

Reach 21 leave full time education, hello reality. It's a little minority of a minority.

Caporegime
A lot of these "triggered" people, **********, SJW's, People who constantly cry racism, Bigotry etc.... are genuinely disturbed individuals, Either that or it's a massive prank.

It's simply down to their lives having no meaning or direction, they can't handle that feeling so ascribe to other like minded people so they can feel important in that group mentality. If you notice as well it's generally below average looking, overweight, unemployed or guess the gender individuals who are part of these group. You rarely ever see someone who can make a good argument or debate without getting triggered instantly.

There are universities in Canada bringing in rules where if you don't refer to someone who identifies as a gender outside of male/female then you could be suspended.

Last edited:
Soldato
In all honesty I hate the term generation ********* but more so because sadly I am a part of it. But the thing is it's not the whole generation. It's just the ones that are like it pipe up. And in our defense it's not exactly like the previous generations have been role models.

Honestly I think the biggest reason is due to laws against child abuse. I'm not saying you should abuse a child at all but my generation is the generation that grew up with parents not being allowed to lay a hand which has lead to parents only option to shut up the child is to give them what they want.

This then made parents more lenient through life and getting away with what they want.

I'm on both sides some things my generation moan about or fight for are correct but i don't really think the older generation have any right to complain as you raised us.

Soldato
The ********** usually get a shock when they enter the real world and realize there are no "safe spaces", people outside their circle are not as weak as they are. Many people will speak their mind and not give a crap about that kind of nonsense, they need to learn to deal with it.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't think western civilization will survive the next 50 years, By that time the west will have been so infantilized that we could literally be conquered in 1 day.

lol, every generation thinks it's the downfall of civilisation due to the 'youth of today'

It's a fad, and it'll blow over like every other fad and the world will keep on turning.

It makes me laugh the amount of people who get 'triggered' so easily by these morons, just cut off their oxygen by ignoring them (on social media)

Soldato
I guess the extreme opposite would be a nazi :p

The ********** are basically modern hippies, except without the funky mushrooms and weed (or clapping apparently).

Caporegime
I hate SJW's and **********. Today I met a social justice warrior on the subway (or the underground/tube for you British folk). I went to get on the elevator from the platform to street level and I was standing there waiting for it. This hideous beast of a woman walks up behind me, also waiting for the elevator. "Get out of the way. People have to get OFF first!" she said to me in a very demeaning and angry tone. Had I been in a worse mood I would have informed her that she resembled a heroin addicted overweight stunt double for the Loch Ness monster but I kept my mouth shut. Then we get on the elevator (This is hard to get wrong but apparently, I got THIS wrong too!). I press the button for street level. She glares at me, shakes her head, and makes an ugly grunting sound. I pressed the button wrong folks, that's what happened. I'm apparently also unaware that people get off elevators as well as get on. I'm an awful person. I am cancer on our free and good society and I should be taken out back and shot. I know this now.

Just because someone is annoying and ugly, that doesn't make them a SJW :p

Associate
Reading this thread made me remember about this article i read the other week:

http://www.economist.com/news/asia/...r-torment-class-why-bullying-japanese-schools

FIVE months after the tsunami that led to his family’s evacuation from Fukushima, the boy enrolled at a new school in Yokohama. His new classmates were pitiless. They called him “germ boy”. They stole his things. They punched and kicked him and threw him down the stairs; they took him to a “study” room and beat him some more. He was eight years old.

The abuse went on for nearly three years before the bullies added extortion. In 2014 they told the boy to hand over any compensation his family may have received after their evacuation. His parents were in fact not eligible for any recompense, but relatives had lent them ¥1.5m ($13,000). They kept it in cash at home, fearful that they would again lose access to bank accounts. The boy gave all the money to his classmates. After the cash ran out he stopped going to school altogether

In the case of the boy from Fukushima, the school board in Yokohama for months tried to blame him for what had happened, suggesting he had handed over his family’s savings voluntarily, before changing its mind after much public criticism.

It is basically the opposite of "generation *********" where kids who do not fit in are relentlessly bullied by class and teacher alike until they conform or die. Perhaps the people berating liberal policy and "safe spaces" would prefer a Japanese style of upbringing.

Not that i am defending the over fragile, offended by everything type of people out to spoil everyone's fun but remember that it could be much worse.

Back
Top Bottom