Generation *********...

Caporegime
Fair enough. In which case I'm not sure what your posting of clips from an "old" film was intended to prove.

Did you read the post that was quoted? You know the one talking about how un-PC things were years ago.

I'm not quite seeing the confusion here?

Last edited:
Soldato
It is funny that the defenders of the *********\sjw generation in this thread are mostly the same deflect and defend clan from certain other threads.

Caporegime
Nuts magazine. When FHM went down the crapper, nuts came to fill it's place. It was aimed at people even more retarded than loaded/FHM readers.

Even admitting to seeing one makes you an instant dullard. Followed only by max power. But at least that meant you could afford an Astra or similar low hanging starter car.

Caporegime
Because of the way they objectified women. It made page 3 look like a feminism poster.

(obviously calling today's generation pussies is a sweeping statement meant to be taken in jest).

Nah, apparently it's "empowering" to do that sort of stuff these days. What better way to stick it to the man than by showing your boobs to dirty old men.

Soldato
So it's now a safe space where you don't see anything that offends you.

And therein lies the insanity of this whole debate.

My only issue with the SJW types is if they try to shut down debates at universities, or no-platform people they don't like. I think it sets a dangerous precedent of blocking free-speech. Everywhere else, Facebook, Twitter, some random guy shouting on a street corner - it's all fair game. You're free to ignore these people or block them from your activity feeds if it makes you feel better. There's a rich irony in right-wingers constantly moaning about having to listen to people that they find to be "too sensitive" or " pussies" or whatever.

Soldato
And therein lies the insanity of this whole debate.
There's a rich irony in right-wingers constantly moaning about having to listen to people that they find to be "too sensitive" or " pussies" or whatever.

This is where it gets hilarious to see. People complaining about others getting over offended. Then getting offended when '**********' brand a word offensive. It's brilliant.

Soldato
Did you read the post that was quoted? You know the one talking about how un-PC things were years ago.

I'm not quite seeing the confusion here?

The fault of the situation is not because of an idiot who says they are offended by something, but all the other idiots who decide to respect their wishes.

I'm drawing the line at going to prison, unless of course there is no evidence, then there is no line, however that takes a lot of work.

Caporegime
The fault of the situation is not because of an idiot who says they are offended by something, but all the other idiots who decide to respect their wishes.

I'm drawing the line at going to prison, unless of course there is no evidence, then there is no line, however that takes a lot of work.

I'm not quite sure what you mean? You seem to be replying to the thread itself but are quoting my post which was simply a follow on to a post about how things a few years ago that were acceptable would generally be unacceptable now such as casual racism in movies towards asian people.

"Objectification" of women is currently Mumsnet's buzzword / phrase on the AIBU board.

I don't get it though. Cheating / affairs put aside, they keep insisting that it's not ok for blokes (married or unmarried) to look at pr0n, strippers etc, but it's ok if it's the other way round - for the women to look at chippendales, Full Monty etc. Opposites attract and all that.

Back
Top Bottom