Mini-Review: Samsung 40KU6400 as a monitor

Soldato
So just took delivery of this monitor and everything seems all good except for one small issue, I think the screen is ever so slightly zoomed in even though set to PC.
Basically I couldn't see the bottom of the task bar.
I went into nvidia control panel and adjusted the screen size to 3802 x 2136 and now it looks a bit better.
Did everyone else have to do this or have i missed a setting somewhere? On the pictures in this thread it seems some people have to issue and some don't.

Cheers
J

I've just taken delivery of this monitor, and I'm also having the same issue as above. It looks like the bottom few pixels are missing from the taskbar.

If I do a printscreen I can see all the pixels - so they are definitely "there". I just can't see them on the TV.

Any ideas, anyone?

Soldato
I've just taken delivery of this monitor, and I'm also having the same issue as above. It looks like the bottom few pixels are missing from the taskbar.

If I do a printscreen I can see all the pixels - so they are definitely "there". I just can't see them on the TV.

Any ideas, anyone?

Update the TV firmware perhaps?
What graphics card are you using? What drivers?

Soldato
Update the TV firmware perhaps?
What graphics card are you using? What drivers?

I'm using an MSI R9 280X. I'm using an HDMI cable from the HDMI 1.4 port, waiting on a DP-HDMI 2.0 adapter (as per my comments above). Drivers are Radeon 17.4.3.

I've tried updating the TV firmware but it's already at the latest version.

Soldato
I'm nearly ready to pull the trigger on this, but I've a couple of questions about connections.

Am I right in thinking that pretty much whatever TV I get I'd need to use HDMI to connect to it? There's not going to be display port, so I'd be using an adaptor or more likely a DP to HDMI cable. Will there be any side effect of doing that?

At the moment my monitor has a soundbar attached, nothing fancy or expensive just the standard Dell one. Am I likely to be able to output from my sound card as RCA or 3.5mm and put it into the TV and have that as the audio for the PC input?

Soldato
Anyone using this as a gaming monitor? (as in with a normal kb + mouse combo, not sat back with a controller)

If so how do you fare with it?
Strongly considering replacing my Korean 27" monitor with this but can't really tell if it will be far too big up close.

Associate
Just got this last week and cant recommend it enough, absolutely cracking for games.

Previously had a 43" Philips 4k and this one is much better.

Watching 4k content on amazon prime is awsome too and really easy with the inbuilt app.

Soldato

Any ideas, anyone?

I know what the problem is. They are there. Move your head down so that your eye level is same as bottom bezel. Those little lines appear. It seems that the viewing angle is making them invisible. Looks like the only solution is to move the taskbar to the top.

Associate
I know what the problem is. They are there. Move your head down so that your eye level is same as bottom bezel. Those little lines appear. It seems that the viewing angle is making them invisible. Looks like the only solution is to move the taskbar to the top.

This bit is true, I noticed that when I move my head down to level with the bottom bezel you can see the application highlights.

What I've done is created a custom resolution of 3840 x 2150 (not 2160), not really a fan of moving the task bar around (been trained to have it at the bottom since 1995)

Soldato

Interesting. I'm currently away so I can't verify this. But if that's the case then it's very annoying. Why would the bottom few pixels have a different useful viewing angle than all the others?

edit: perhaps they don't. Maybe because my taskbar is black I just cannot notice the difference unless there's a different colour present like the highlight that's there when the program is running.

Caporegime
Do you use it gaming? If so what kind of games do you play? Im a little skepticsl about having something so big right in front of you

Its the perfect ppi at 4k for desktop work so you dont need to muck around with different size fonts/icons etc which never even in windows 10 seems to work quite like it should. And then great for gaming :)

Associate
Its the perfect ppi at 4k for desktop work so you dont need to muck around with different size fonts/icons etc which never even in windows 10 seems to work quite like it should. And then great for gaming :)
Thanks, for the info, considering the cost of 4k monitors and ultrawide monitors, I really can see why people are picking this TV for a monitor, tempting

Caporegime
Having a large 4K screen for working on or surfing and stuff is great. I quite often multi task with 4 hd windows open at once on the screen. Works well.

Image editing and spreadsheets are great on such a big screen.

Back
Top Bottom