Help! Gfx card died/bluescreen?

Associate
Hi all,

So this problem started after I had restarted my router. I then couldn't connect to the internet, so clicked on the connection status .... then boom, dead.

After trying to restart and it getting stuck in a loop, I managed to get on safe mode. I then managed to roll back my gfx card drivers and this at least allowed me to boot up my pc normally (using onboard gfx, as couldn't see my card in device manager any longer). I assume from this that there is an issue with my gfx card? Is it dead or is there any way to revive it?

System specs:
Asus p8 z68-v pro
i5 2500k
MSI 560gtx ti

Bluescreen error 0x00000116 nvlddmkm sys

please help!

Soldato
Does the gpu get any power and fans spin or does it do nothing?

remove card, boot in to windows using on board gpu and use DDU to uninstall the Nvidia drivers. download the new drivers, turn off the PC and put the GPU back in.

once back in to windows install the new Nvidia drivers.

seems like a Nvidia driver issue

Associate
OP
Yes it seems to be powering up normally.

The thing is nothing has been changed in terms of drivers, so I don't see why it would randomly start playing up.

But thanks for the advice, Ill give it a try.

Soldato
When the PC died after doing the connection status it may have damaged or corrupted the gpu drivers.

Do you have anything in event viewer that could give you anymore info on the errors?

Associate
OP
Nope no luck with uninstalling and reinstalling new drivers...still comes up with the same error.

Heres a screenshot after I roll back the drivers and restart with 'Standard VGA Gfx Adapter':
http://imgur.com/a/twsSm

Really cant work it out, but reading everything it does seem driver related...

Associate
OP
Is it strange that with my graphics card still in the machine and my monitor dvi attached to the card, then it works ok when I remove all drivers and it operates on 'standard vga adapter'

Basically does it use onboard graphics via the graphics card? As now ive removed the card and plugged it direct into the onboard dvi slot... Just seems strange the card seems to be firing up ok?

any help greatly appreciated

Back
Top Bottom