Quake champions

Man of Honour
There is an option in there for video resolution scaling which will either be 0.75 or 1.09 for a lot of people - set to 1.0 - if you adjust it through the slider, even setting it to 1 with the slider doesn't set it to 1.0 precisely which results in rescaling.

Soldato
Had a couple of hours tonight.

Feels strange. Rail is broken for me. Shots that are dead on are passing through players with no hit. No idea why as hitreg on most other weapons is ok.

RL is strange. Feels laggy somehow. Also find projectiles hard to see.

Movement is good but the slope boost is annoying me and causing me to jump too high in the wrong places. Collision detection seems a bit iffy in places too. Just need to get used to it.

Also knockback is totally op and ruins the fluidity of movement. Either stops you moving forwards or pushes you from behind/side so you get stuck in corners or pushed into walls.

Also for those who dont know - some weapons have damage bonus when zooming.

Need an fps counter native to game. Does config have options for it? Will check scaling next time.

Man of Honour
Rocket and rail have some delay on them - think its worse in this build than the one before - agreed on rail hitreg it seems a bit off while most of the other weapons are fine - I think there is a big difference between visually clientside and what the server sees for it.

I think I did better with some weapons with the resolution scale at 75% actually but not sure on that.

Associate
What exactly does resolution scale do? Never understood it :(
I mean, I am running the game at 1080p on ultra, what is the difference between 100% and 150%?

Soldato
What exactly does resolution scale do? Never understood it :(
I mean, I am running the game at 1080p on ultra, what is the difference between 100% and 150%?

It's basically supersampling for those that want to render at a resolution above their monitors native resolution. High performance cost as it's rendering 50% more pixels. 100% is just native resolution, i.e. 1920x1080 monitor rendering at 1920x1080. Image quality fans like it because it's a great way to eliminate jaggies!

I'm loving this btw, I was always an UT fan but the latest pre-alpha isn't progressing that well and isn't as enjoyable as this beta (different stages of development I guess!). Will more than likely pick this up on release.

Soldato
Had a game last night, it feels a lot like Q3 to me which is a really good thing! I noticed the rail/rocket delay as well which I really struggled with. Hopefully I'll get some more time in over the weekend.

Now I've got into this closed beta will I automatically be in future betas?

Associate
Had a game last night, it feels a lot like Q3 to me which is a really good thing! I noticed the rail/rocket delay as well which I really struggled with. Hopefully I'll get some more time in over the weekend.

Now I've got into this closed beta will I automatically be in future betas?

As I understand it yes, once you have a key your in all betas.

Man of Honour
Actually feels more like Quake 2 with an e-sports Quake 3 skin to me - the weapons are a bit more vague and lack the presence and definition of Quake 3, doesn't have quite the precision or immediacy either feeling more like a bouncier Quake 2 in action to me partly because of the snappy knockback, etc.

Soldato
Ghost walk ability has no place in a Quake game. It seems impossible to counter too.

Anyone else finding this a bit of a step down in sound placement/quality? The arena seems fuzzy somehow and there isnt the kind of clarity in footsteps and overall sound that I am used to. Even with music off im finding the sound strange somehow. Maybe its just me?

Soldato
Is anyone having issues installing\downloading the game?

second try of installing it and failing at about 20%

Quake%20Champions.jpg

Back
Top Bottom