BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Had to order new plugs and coils for my 645ci as there's random misfires in cylinders 2, 4 and 6. Had my mechanic next door neighbour look at it and he's happy it's nothing major. The rev needle doesn't fluctuate and it mostly happens whilst it's cold, which I thought was a bit odd. Hopefully sorted in a few days!

Soldato
Ok, long story cut short (see my M3 thread re regret for full story lol), M3 gone, M4 in. Same colour combo etc. Had it about 3 weeks now, and really enjoying it - a different beast to the V8 M3 though. Write up to follow.

Don
Had to order new plugs and coils for my 645ci as there's random misfires in cylinders 2, 4 and 6. Had my mechanic next door neighbour look at it and he's happy it's nothing major. The rev needle doesn't fluctuate and it mostly happens whilst it's cold, which I thought was a bit odd. Hopefully sorted in a few days!

Could be the PCV. That's classic symptoms of it being blocked. A missfire at idle when cold.
It's certainly worth doing the coils though as it's way, way easier to do if it does turn out to be them (the PCV is a complete sod to do due to its location at the back of the engine).

Soldato
I'd personally have ordered one with paint. Not that awful gold that they do though. Yak.

It's not flat white to be fair, it's pearl white (mineral white it's called), so very silver looking in real life, just tends to photo with a phone like white. Also I didn't really have that much colour choice considering the price. Yas Marina Blue would have been lovely. But not worth the thousands more it would have cost.

M4 looks good. Much better on fuel too. How you finding low down traction ?

How much heavier is it than the coupe ?

I averaged 16mpg in the V8 (albeit it was a vert too, and heavy). This is averaging 26.4mpg so far, a substantial difference. Book says 32. But hey, no one gets book unless you drive mega sensibly in perfect conditions. It's a fair bit heavier than the M4 coupe, but I wanted a vert and was willing to sacrifice the .2 seconds to 62 for it lol, still quicker than my old V8 was by a long shot. Traction in 1st is terrible though, as to be expected I think. How are you finding the E92? I loved that engine, and if my M3 hadn't had it's issue I'd still have it now for sure!

Soldato
I love them, IMHO (Having driven neither!) they are better than the V8 M3's.

You would love the engine in the M4 Fox, considering I remember you loved the 335i engine (but not the car as such) this is a much more powerful idea of the same setup I guess. As I said I'll do a full write up in a few weeks of my comparison thoughts between this and the previous M3.

Man of Honour
Absolutely, turbo sixes are brilliant. I know fuel efficiency isn't the point of a car like this but it's still nice to be able to use it without stopping for a refuel every 150 miles..

Soldato
Absolutely, turbo sixes are brilliant. I know fuel efficiency isn't the point of a car like this but it's still nice to be able to use it without stopping for a refuel every 150 miles..

haha, agreed! The noise though.... it's just not the V8 rumble. MPG wise, I ended up explaining how much more economical it was to my girlfriend when I got it, and she just looked at me with a stare of 'why are you even talking about mpg'.

Euro trip in 3 weeks, proper excited (mpg will help on this).

Soldato
I've not driven the straight 6 turbo but the v8 really was something special.

As I said, shame about the colour but enjoy the car shaank and I hope you have better luck with this one :)

thanks dude - honestly if I end up with wheels falling off this one too while I drive, I will have to end up in a Lambo to keep me from going down the legal route :D

Soldato
Just got back from a weekend of driving in the Black Forest and the M135i got about 3-4mpg lower than my mate's NA Z4M. The Turbo sixes absolutely drink fuel. I also spent half the time filling up because the tank is so small.

Caporegime
They are great engines but are nothing on the V8 in terms of noise and throttle.

I found the s35i a little rev shy. And a lot of complaints about the M4 due to low down traction. However they are no doubt quicker but a little dull compared to wringing out the V8

Last three tanks have done just over 250miles. The fuel economy still annoys me though as it's eye watering if you drive it hard. In contrast the s2000 gave similar (arguably more of an ) experience but with half the fuel consumption.

I'm loving the car but it is missing something. I am hoping an exhaust solves that. It's so quiet inside, however on the flip side the ride comfort and auto mode is what I am really enjoying when I'm chilled out mode. Thing is even when taking it easy it won't get more than 25mpg.

I've done 2500 miles in it as a daily driver so I guess it's not the typical use !

Back
Top Bottom