• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Associate
Have you updated the motherboard bios? Modern UEFI bios are terrible at recognising new devices that aren't on their internal table.

Yeah i've done that and tried again uninstalling and reinstalling drivers and still reporting as a 980Ti :(

Contemplating wiping windows and trying again as updated bios after fresh windows install. Its got me stumped!!!

Caporegime
Not sure what Windows Update is playing at but it updated my drivers which were the latest to 378.78 which are old.
Yeah i've done that and tried again uninstalling and reinstalling drivers and still reporting as a 980Ti :(

Contemplating wiping windows and trying again as updated bios after fresh windows install. Its got me stumped!!!

It does this to me but only if i don't have a later nVidia drivers installed.

If installing a fresh windows or if for whatever reason you don't have later driver installed its best to unplug your Ethernet cable, the very first thing windows does is check for GPU drivers, i will down load them just seconds after logging on, its very invasive and persistent.

It will ignore your instructions, the only thing to do is download the drivers you want before installing windows new, when installing windows do it without it being connected to the internet, install your own GPU drivers, reboot and then reconnect the cable.

Man of Honour
Forced automatic driver updates are the worst decision ever - sadly most people are like "what is the fuss?" until they have to deal with it themselves.

Associate
Disconnect the internet and removing all mention of nvidia drivers from the PC and rebooting only showed microsoft basic display drivers, then i installed nvidia drivers and we have success. It is now displaying the correct card :)

Thanks guys. I wouldnt have thought of that as never had an issue before!!!

Soldato
Disconnect the internet and removing all mention of nvidia drivers from the PC and rebooting only showed microsoft basic display drivers, then i installed nvidia drivers and we have success. It is now displaying the correct card :)

Thanks guys. I wouldnt have thought of that as never had an issue before!!!

This is how I go about about updating my drivers these days.

Associate
Anyone having issues with youtube videos running slow, when full screen mode with latest drivers?
Reverted back to older drivers and videos are fine.

Man of Honour
or much safer way than using registry edits use group policy the preferred way & correct way by MS for corporations
The GPOs don't work anymore and I believe all DDU does is the registry edit which for the average home user is much safer than using regedit.

You don't have to uninstall or run DDU, just open it up and disable updates.

Soldato
The GPOs don't work anymore and I believe all DDU does is the registry edit which for the average home user is much safer than using regedit.

You don't have to uninstall or run DDU, just open it up and disable updates.
the GPOs do work.
I have an Office of 60+ Workstations with 750Ti's & 1060's which were upgrading themselves. After rolling out GP they no longer upgrade without my permission. it works & its the correct way of doing things. even Programs editing the registry can be dangerous, but yes its better than any body doing it. GP is their for a reason & should be used if available.

Soldato
the GPOs do work.
I have an Office of 60+ Workstations with 750Ti's & 1060's which were upgrading themselves. After rolling out GP they no longer upgrade without my permission. it works & its the correct way of doing things. even Programs editing the registry can be dangerous, but yes its better than any body doing it. GP is their for a reason & should be used if available.

Are they on the home version or a business/enterprise version?
I will say win 10 has never installed a nvidia driver for me for w/e reason even when i've been driver or 2 behind Nvidia's current offering

Soldato
Are they on the home version or a business/enterprise version?
I will say win 10 has never installed a nvidia driver for me for w/e reason even when i've been driver or 2 behind Nvidia's current offering
works on Pro+ however their is a MS download to make it work on home from memory

Caporegime
Nvidia GeForce 382.05

Game Ready
Provides the optimal gaming experience for Prey, Battlezone, and the Gears of War 4 Multi-GPU Update

Changes and Fixed Issues in Version 382.05
The following sections list the important changes and the most common issues resolved in this version. This list is only a subset of the total number of changes made in this driver version. The NVIDIA bug number is provided for reference.

[SLI][No Man’s Sky - with The Foundation Update 1.10 patch]: With SLI enabled, there is texture corruption in the game. [200257478]

[SLI][GeForce GTX 670][World of Tanks]: In SLI mode, blue-screen crash occurs when pressing Alt+Tab during the game. [1895732]]

[GeForce GTX 1080 Ti][Gears of War]: After the bootup movies, blue-screen crash occurs pointing to nvlddmkm.sys. [1914184]

The NVIDIA Control Panel in the Windows desktop context menu, as well as the NVIDIA system tray icon, may be absent. [200298863/1906498]

System may hang at a black screen upon cold boot up. [1913854]

In a multi-display configuration, the extended displays are unable to enter sleep mode. [1902053]

Windows 10 Issues

[DirectX 11 games]: On some titles, in-game V-Sync does not work if Fast Sync is selected from the NVIDIA Control Panel. Consequently, the game frame rate is not locked to the maximum refresh rate, resulting in possible tearing. [200304603]

[SteamVR titles]: SteamVR may crash when launched. [1917936]To workaround, uninstall GeForce Experience or reinstall the NVIDIA driver.

[Power DVD 17]: The display may go blank while playing HDR video in exclusive full-screen mode. [200300818]

[GeForce GTX 1070]: Games (Witcher 3, For Honor) do not recognize the custom refresh rates set using the NVIDIA Control Panel. [1916598]

[SLI][GeForce GTX 1080][Battlefield 1 XP1]: With SLI enabled, corruption appears in the game when switching between full-screen and windowed mode. [1889162]

[GeForce GTX 1080 Ti][Mass Effect: Andromeda]: Random memory errors may occur when playing the game. [1887520]

[GeForce GTX 1080 Ti][Sid Meirie's Civilization VI][G-Sync/SLI/DirectX 12]: Black corruption appears while entering the in-game menu after skipping the cutscene. [200283322]

[GeForce GTX Titan X][Ansel][Ghost Recon Wild lands]: With FXAA enabled from the NVIDIA Control Panel, the application crashes when enabling the in-game Ansel UI. [200283194]

[Notebook][GeForce GTX 970M][Tom Clancy's The Division Survival DLC]: Game crashes, pointing to ntdll.dll when changed to full-screen and to windowed full-screen. [200252894]

[Notebook][GeForce GTX 970M][ShadowPlay][For Honor]: The game silently may crash if the intro video is skipped while instant replay is on. [200247313]

[SLI][Notebook][GeForce GTX 970M][Gears of War 4]: Level loading may hang. [1826307]

NVIDIA Control Panel custom color settings are reset to the default after switching a game between windowed and full-screen mode. [1917071]

NVIDIA Control Panel custom color profiles and ICC profiles are lost when using the Microsoft Game Bar. [1904238

Display monitor is unable to enter sleep mode. [19116554]

[GeForce Experience]: Driver installation may fail when attempting to perform a driver overinstall. To workaround, perform a clean installation.

[Notebook][Pascal GPU]: The display remains blank while over installing the driver, requiring a reboot. [200273603]

Error code 43 appears in the Device Manager after installing the driver with HDMI display connected. [200283276]

Driver install/overinstall requires a reboot. [1757931]

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/geforce-382-05-whql-driver-download.html

Back
Top Bottom