What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Zardoz (6/10)
Connery at his best? Quite a bizarre sci-fi romp, but I suppose there were quite a few that came out in the 70s. You would have to be really baked to appreciate this in all its glory.

Soldato
The Discovery (Netflix) Has Jason Seagel in a series role about some existentialism. Won't give away the story, kinda of a indie B movie but not to bad. Ending was a bit vague but overall half decent. Say a 6/10

Another Netflix B movie, "Before I wake" not to bad, nothing to write home about 5.5/10

Caporegime
Zardoz (6/10)
Connery at his best? Quite a bizarre sci-fi romp, but I suppose there were quite a few that came out in the 70s. You would have to be really baked to appreciate this in all its glory.

I enjoyed this quite a bit. I'll probably take another look at it soon. Very surreal!

Last edited:
Soldato
The Handmaiden 9/10

Was a brilliant film, great story , great cast , amazing sets , will defo watch it again sometime soon

Last edited:
Guardians of the Galaxy 2

Over all I enjoyed it. The story was decent enough (better than most the Marvel films) and the characters interacted well together. Plenty of laughs* and more heart than I expected (in a good way). The characters themselves definitely benefit from been fleshed out.

*the laughs. Now most of my favorite scifi's have humour throughout which I love i.e. Stargate/Atlantis etc. GotG2 unusually for me felt like it used a few to many jokes and their impact suffered. More a wry smile than actual laughter during some segments of the film.

The cameos were cringe worthy as per normal but are short enough not to take away your immersion.

7.7/10 ( :D ) despite some flaws its an entertaining film and well worth seeing if you enjoy the Marvel Universe.

Another plus was the Justice League Trailer before the film. Maybe Affleck will get his well deserved quality Batman outing following the awful mess that was Batman vs Superman. Plus Momoa looks great as Aquaman.

Associate
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

I thought it was great! Much more comedic that the first one. The ending was quite touching. The de-ageing of Kurt Russell was the best I've seem so far. I was less impressed with the after credit scenes though, maybe because I was bursting for a pee!?

9/10

Caporegime
Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2: Another film in the same vein as the first, but somehow lacking some of the charm. They pile on huge cinematic effects on top of every scene, to the extent it's a little numbing. There's the usual humour, some nice pathos, one scene that's a little gruesome and goes on a little long. I think the biggest problem is that the baddy (though telegraphed well in advance) isn't that great. He's someone we want to like in the beginning so when he reveals his evil agenda, he's still a bit too charming. I think they could have done a bit more character development, because there's only a little, heavy handed stuff, and maybe it suffers because of the film being so action-scene heavy.

It's good fun, though it is another summer popcorn movie, and should be viewed as such. BTW, stay all the way to the end, there are about three or four little scenes throughout the credits.
This is actually spot on. It felt ultimately shallow and did nothing to advance any part of the Marvel universe. As such it felt like a sequel for the sake of it because number one was popular and therefore, to me, a cash grab. And what a successful one it was. I did laugh but one was far better.

Soldato
What type of films do you normally like. I think it's the best xmen so far. Which isn't saying muchg as they have been generally sub par.

I also found logan to be pretty rubbish myself. Forced swearing from Patrick Stewart 'just cuz', a bad guy that is not remotely intimidating nor does he look like he could fight his way out of a paper bag. Just in general it was far too predictable, anyone who didnt see that ending coming is lucky as every b-movie ever would seem a treat lol.

It's not the worst x-men film though, not with apocalypse and wolverine in the mix.

Soldato
What type of films do you normally like. I think it's the best xmen so far. Which isn't saying muchg as they have been generally sub par.

I thought it was the worst x-meny film so far. BUT in tone with the character, direction of Wolverine and his story i thought it was excellent for doing that.. I didnt rate it that highly on one watch but i think i will probably rate it higher on 2nd watch.

I like how the way the film is done is so far from the usual x-men type film ....and it fits with basically Logan going off to die. You know how animals when they are seriously or critically injured just wander out to the woods find a quiet spot and die...thats what this film felt a bit like...like Logan was making his exit his way. Sad but there you go. Best xmen film without BEING an xmen film..its a Logan exit film

Back
Top Bottom