***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Caporegime
Mine are all built but I really can't decide which to get rid of. Initially when I started buying them again I had a rule of 'only large ships'. That went swiftly out the window. Then it became 'only star wars' well...that also went out the window.

I'm tempted to only keep the UCS stuff but love the Venator, Malevolence, star destroyer and AT-AT.

I started with only star wars, currently that's all I have, but don't think I can not get Saturn V.

Think I have everything I want of current builds. But would love ucs imperial shuttle and super star destroyer.

Will try and replace non ucs sets with ucs. I have the imperial shuttle non ucs and millenium falcon non ucs, I'd replace the falcon if the new ucs this year is the falcon.

Of the two super star destroyer and imperial shuttle I'm still considering lepin as the originals are so expensive

Soldato
Hello folks, I received a message from a Bricklink buyer as follows:

"hello my friend,

i would buy both wall e. would you give me a quote to ship them to the USA. i will pay immediately.

best regards
Artur "

Whilst I am not a judgemental person but I am suspicious of this. Should I be weary of similar ebay-like buyers on Bricklink who could potentially scam by raising a claim via PP etc?

Caporegime

"hello my friend,

i would buy both wall e. would you give me a quote to ship them to the USA. i will pay immediately.

best regards
Artur "

Whilst I am not a judgemental person but I am suspicious of this. Should I be weary of similar ebay-like buyers on Bricklink who could potentially scam by raising a claim via PP etc?

I'd avoid myself.
I'd be surprised if someone in the USA wanted to pay our prices plus shipping.
And no way PayPal

Caporegime

"hello my friend,

best regards
Artur "

I think the relevant question is is it worth the risk? The fact you're on here asking this question says no. I'd run a mile.

Caporegime
I
I've had my eye on it for a while and that is the best price that I've seen it going for by a long way.

Think I paid 78 on ebay for a new set. Remember with this you get the r2d2 polybag too! And those sell for a bit.
Probably looking at 60-70 for it.
Probably won't get better deal tbh

Caporegime
Tempted by the Falcon, not had a non-Technic set in years and years. Still have my 911 GT3RS sitting doing nothing. Might break it down and sell it on. I find the fun is in the building.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
There should be a subforum in MM where members can buy/sell non-electronic collectables etc given that there's quite a lot of interest in Lego/UCS, models and the like.

Soldato
There should be a subforum in MM where members can buy/sell non-electronic collectables etc given that there's quite a lot of interest in Lego/UCS, models and the like.

Yea problem is that some items would appreciate in value and it would be considered profiteering which OCUK seem dead against.

By the way, thanks to all for their response on my query above relating to the dodgy buyer.

Caporegime
Yeah as good as it sounds it wouldn't work. You'd end up on gumtree and ebay I suspect.

Back
Top Bottom