What's in your freezer?

Soldato
Nothing exotic I'm afraid,

Chicken portions, duck legs, pork, beef mince, various pies, sausages & baccon.
Do have some lambs hearts & livers which are delicious.
Couple of pots of home made stock which is always good for making gravy with.
Oh & some frozen peas & mixed fruit!

Soldato
The thread inspired me to restock my freezer and reorganise it so now I have:

Drawer 1 - batch cooked and quick meals - fish fingers, pies, soups, home made base sauces etc
Drawer 2 - bread, crumpets, bagels, garlic bread etc
Drawer 3 - meat - just stocked up on steak, various chicken cuts, bacon, sausages and burgers
Drawer 4 - frozen veg, fruit, onions and various herbs
Drawer 5 - home made baby food (weaning)

Going to be making some chicken cacciatore this week so will batch cook and store the sauce. Also need to get on to making some burgers again and getting some more stock made as I finished last of it off recently (nothing like a good homemade stock).

We have loads of those Sistema clip top storage containers for soup (one portion kind) which are really handy. My missus has been trying to do soup for one of our children as they have a tomato allergy and she did a fantastic lentil and carrot soup which is going to make a fantastic curry sauce base so need to get on and batch cook that too as we love a nice curry outside of a summers evening with a glass/bottle of something.

Soldato
I have the usual stuff, meat etc. A few frozen spag bol meals for the child when he doesn't want home cooked healthy meals etc.

Buit I do have a large bag of home-made uncooked meat samosa's from a local business; they sell them in min of batches of 50. I have 40 in the freezer. They are better than any supermarket Samsosa you can buy.

Back
Top Bottom