Associate
I am building my second rig and am looking into water-cooling (mainly as I live in a hot country) and was looking for some advice on the set up I have here.
I am primarily wondering how many fittings I will need, and looking for advice for building (I have researched quite a bit but I still would like clarification and reassurance on what I am doing as I know you can never be too prepared!)
As well as cooling the CPU I will be cooling a GPU.

Any suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Edit: just to add I will likely be buying extra tubing as I anticipate messing up the first few bends.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'd definitely recommend getting a mandrel set rather than attempting to go freehand with your first hardline build, I think I'd also change to a 16mm tubing also.

I've done my first two hardline builds in the last month or so, and have not wasted a single piece of tubing (still got an unopened pack of monsoon 16mm PETG, bought two to do a single build, used one pack to do two builds!)

Take your time and watch the monsoon hardline bending videos a few times to get a feel for the lengths of time to heat the tube before trying to "work" it.

Associate
OP
Thanks guys. Will the triple rad be fine? or too much? I recall reading that you should ideally have one fan per cooled piece (in this case GPU and CPU) and one extra, is this right?

Associate
Thanks guys. Will the triple rad be fine? or too much? I recall reading that you should ideally have one fan per cooled piece (in this case GPU and CPU) and one extra, is this right?
That's the standard rule of thumb however more rad space allows you to achieve the same cooling performance with lower fan speeds so it depends if you intend to run your fans slow or not really.

Associate
To add a little context to my previous comment as it didn't offer any sort of example to help guide you.

My loop consists of a CPU and GPU cooled by both a 240 and 360 rad with Corsair SP120 fans running at 800RPM to keep it both cool and quiet.

Back
Top Bottom