• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Associate
My EVGA hybrid 1080ti is reaching 48oC on full load and is pretty quiet. I've swapped the fan for a silent wing 3 and plugged that into a nzxt grid+. So the fan can have a custom profile.

Well after a bit more testing it's actually looking more like 60 oC degrees in most cases. Still pretty good though.

Last edited:
Associate
I ordered Zotac Amp Extreme version ( £829 version ) delivery for tomorrow. I spent enormous time to do research which one 1080 ti to get. Ended up with this Zotac and Strix OC. On the end I went for Zotac as I liked it more overall. My ONLY concern is COIL WHINE noise. I am praying to not have it with Zotac. Fingers cross. I already had to RMA MSI Gaming X with Scan two weeks ago but they were very helpful.

Associate
Man of Honour
Lucky you I got overly excited when I found out today the Zotac AMP Extreme finally came in to be disappointed just now when I figured out it won't be delivered until MONDAY. Took the weekend off for nothing and now have to wait 2 weeks till after my work trip.

It'll be worth the wait. I nearly didn't manage it, luckily OcUK were really helpful.

I figure Deus Ex MD will be a decent first game with this? Might have to come back to black ops a little later.

Associate
Hi,

Long time lurker first time poster here. I want to order a 1080 ti tonight. I always go with MSI when it comes to GPU's. However I am stuck on witch one I should get. I currently have 2x 480s in my PC and both are ref blowrs. I don't hear them at all when gaming to be fair so am fine buying a card with a ref blower. The Aero OC is £679 but the Armor OC is only £20 more which I assume has a better cooler on it and more headroom for overclocking. Or I can get the Gaming X but not from Overclockers as I can get it for £710. So yer which one do I go for? From what I have seen on various websites there dose not seem all that much difference between those 3 in terms of clock speed.

Associate
Hi,

Long time lurker first time poster here. I want to order a 1080 ti tonight. I always go with MSI when it comes to GPU's. However I am stuck on witch one I should get. I currently have 2x 480s in my PC and both are ref blowrs. I don't hear them at all when gaming to be fair so am fine buying a card with a ref blower. The Aero OC is £679 but the Armor OC is only £20 more which I assume has a better cooler on it and more headroom for overclocking. Or I can get the Gaming X but not from Overclockers as I can get it for £710. So yer which one do I go for? From what I have seen on various websites there dose not seem all that much difference between those 3 in terms of clock speed.

Get Gaming X if you like MSI ..it is very quiet ... well if you wont be unlucky like me and have one with Coil whine. Also why not consider MSI Hawk? Quiet and nicelly chilled solution. Good luck.

Associate
Hi,

If you can get the gaming x for £710 go for it. I own the Armor and X in the 1080 and wish I had bought two Gaming X's. They are very quiet and are a step up in quality from the Armor.

Soldato
Is it possible to unlock voltage control on the 1080Ti FE cards, my slider in AfterBurner 4.3.0 is greyed out even though I have voltage unlock enabled in settings.

Man of Honour
I ordered Zotac Amp Extreme version ( £829 version ) delivery for tomorrow. I spent enormous time to do research which one 1080 ti to get. Ended up with this Zotac and Strix OC. On the end I went for Zotac as I liked it more overall. My ONLY concern is COIL WHINE noise. I am praying to not have it with Zotac. Fingers cross. I already had to RMA MSI Gaming X with Scan two weeks ago but they were very helpful.

Zero coil whine on mine.

Associate
Get Gaming X if you like MSI ..it is very quiet ... well if you wont be unlucky like me and have one with Coil whine. Also why not consider MSI Hawk? Quiet and nicelly chilled solution. Good luck.
Thanks for the reply. I did consider the Hawk. But it was like an extra £100+ more than the Gaming X. I simply could not justify paying the extra. But in the end I went with the gaming X.

Thanks again.

Associate
If you can get the gaming x for £710 go for it. I own the Armor and X in the 1080 and wish I had bought two Gaming X's. They are very quiet and are a step up in quality from the Armor.
Thanks for the reply. After an extra couple hours of research (was up until nearly 4am this morning looking at reviews). For the sake of £15 between the Armor and the Gaming X I just went for the Gaming X in the end. Got it for £710 from Very and I have 12 months to pay it off. As long as I pay it off before May next year I don't get charged any interest. Coming on Tuesday I can't wait.

Back
Top Bottom