Quake champions

Man of Honour
"netcode" is terrible for me this time around - constantly getting killed by what appears to be 2 hits from LG, more than 50% of rails just go right through the enemy hit box - several times getting killed by people before they even appear on my screen, etc. had 9ms ping as well :s

Couple of releases back aside from railgun hit reg it was perfect for me but I think that was due to less people in the beta and most seemed to be on good connection - now higher chance of being matched with people with poorer connections :|

V F

V F

Soldato
"netcode" is terrible for me this time around - constantly getting killed by what appears to be 2 hits from LG, more than 50% of rails just go right through the enemy hit box - several times getting killed by people before they even appear on my screen, etc. had 9ms ping as well :s

Couple of releases back aside from railgun hit reg it was perfect for me but I think that was due to less people in the beta and most seemed to be on good connection - now higher chance of being matched with people with poorer connections :|

I never thought this is what you would get in 2017 with all the high speed internet available.

Associate
Mouse movement isn't as responsive as I was hoping. I'll have to fiddle with the settings and see if I can sort that out. Overall I'm enjoying it so far - trying to learn the item icons and spawn times again!

I'm not overly keen on the wait times to join a game or the Overwatch-esque special abilities. I hope they introduce a 'classic' mode where all players are equal.

Man of Honour
I find that (the limited options for tweaking mouse settings doesn't help) it isn't as good as quake 3 or even doom 2016 in that aspect i.e. in some LG battles I've found moments where the mouse just won't respond as I want.

The waiting/joining games stuff I believe is done so as to keep the pressure off the backend in beta to better give everyone a chance to get some rounds in rather than saturating the relatively limited backend in beta compared to the hosting that would be in place when it goes live.

Personally I kind of like the abilities despite being relatively a quake purist - 1-2 need tweaking so they don't cause hard to anticipate instant kills but aside from that I like the extra flavour.

Man of Honour
Yup dunno whats up but this round appear to be getting one hit killed by nailgun, 2 hit killed by LG, etc. quite a lot even with max health and armour - hope they sort it quick as its killing any enthusiasm I have to play it.

Soldato
Just played TDM. Entire enemy team warping. Nobody on my team was. Yet enemy players were dominating with high accuracy and high kills. Others on my team commented on the warp and left. I was on my own for last part of map.

Not sure what was going on but enemy players were being really cocky too like they knew something we didnt. Just seemed all wrong.

Soldato
Not feeling the movement in QC at all. Sure its fast enough but the more I play the more the floaty feeling gets to me. Is almost like they have dropped server gravity a little. Just does not feel sure footed at all.

I cant really put my finger on it. It isnt terrible but it just feels off and Im struggling to find my flow around maps. Could be I just need to work on it. I dunno, though, it hasnt clicked yet and I'm still not convinced its all me.

Soldato
how do you get shards?

Im just getting wrecked by every player because everyone seems to be using better characters or have better armor\weapons.

The jumping feels like your floating and even when you turn and jump you still seem to go in the direction you started jumping in to start with.

Man of Honour
Shards come from dismantling armour pieces - not attachments the bigger square icons in the customisation screen - when you mouse over the non-default pieces you unlock there is a hammer icon at the bottom right hand of the icon.

No one has better weapons they are all the same just different skins - armour differences are down to the champions (unlocked armour pieces are just cosmetic) - a balancing factor for the different champions is their armour amount - different champions also have different air control.

Soldato
I've given this a few hours of my time but I won't be revisiting this. Definitely netcode issues and a fairly toxic veteran community.

Disappointing because all the veteran players just wreck, end of. Puts so many people off!

Man of Honour
AFAIK there is no skill matching active yet in the beta. I've not really encountered much toxicity outside of a couple of posters on the beta forums.

It is hard not to wreck though with 20 odd years experience :s especially as so many newer players don't even try and expect the game to bring everyone down to their level instead.

Soldato
This air strafing - once moving forward, at no point do you need to hold or press the forwards key and turns of the mouse plus strafing at the right time is enough? Pretty sure I've got it to a basic level at least :D

Man of Honour
Are you talking about fast movement? you continue to hold down forward but alternate strafe every time you land from jumping while turning the mouse slightly - its essentially a very tight zig-zag.

If you are talking about the way some champions have air control then yeah can just turn the mouse and use strafe keys to change direction in the air.

Soldato
Are you talking about fast movement? you continue to hold down forward but alternate strafe every time you land from jumping while turning the mouse slightly - its essentially a very tight zig-zag.

If you are talking about the way some champions have air control then yeah can just turn the mouse and use strafe keys to change direction in the air.

Fast movement. Any way to practice on the beta?

Back
Top Bottom