PC part picker UK & OCUK

Associate
hello there everyone,i recently went over to Do not mention competitors please-schizo to get a build together and imagine my suprise when i find no links whatsoever for any of the parts to OCUK...!!!
is there a reason for this...!!
is there beef between the two companies/websites
i found it somewhat odd that overclockers are not considered for any computer parts there does anyone here have some answers for this...i am merely curious is all

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
OP
sorry if i upset anyone
my thread was edited by a moderator with the reason being 'do not mention competitiors' but "the website in question" is not a store,if anything it is a price comparisson/guide website which provides links to 'stores' like overclockers where you can purchase parts to build a p.c.
can any moderators please explain why this would be considered competitive to OCUK based on a couple of build threads in this forum...?

RJC

RJC

Don
Your best is to ask Overclockers directly in the customer thread - but I will see if a member of the shop can answer.

The website links to many competitors which is against the rules of this forum, as this forum is paid and run by the shop.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
ok.. does that mean that we cannot mention Google either as that also provides links to many if not all your competitors.. lol...makes no sense at all and seems more like an insecurity more than anything else

RJC

RJC

Don
Google only gives competitors if you search for them, The comparison website is purely for Tech so will contain competitors and pricing.

Overclockers does not want to give free advertisement to its competitors which it is in competiton with.

Man of Honour
sorry if i upset anyone
my thread was edited by a moderator with the reason being 'do not mention competitiors' but "the website in question" is not a store,if anything it is a price comparisson/guide website which provides links to 'stores' like overclockers where you can purchase parts to build a p.c.
can any moderators please explain why this would be considered competitive to OCUK based on a couple of build threads in this forum...?

The problem that you have run into is that this forum is completely funded by OCUK which is why competitor links and prices are not allowed. The website you linked to not only gives prices from competitors but also links to them. Why should OCUK fund a forum that then promotes other retailers products? The same is true for other retailers forums with regards to competitors although just about every other retailer forums are dead anyway. It is the way this forum has always been run and while some might not like it, rules are rules. People are free to go elsewhere if they don't like it but this is the best retailer forum by a huge margin and you are more likely to find help here than anywhere else.

Soldato
Google only gives competitors if you search for them, The comparison website is purely for Tech so will contain competitors and pricing..

I'm pretty sure if I type the name of any component in to Google, it will give me competitors without me searching specifically for them. Even many product reviews do this, so we can't link to those either? This competitor thing gets blown WAY out of proportion sometimes, seemingly like mods/OCUK think we don't know other companies exist and sell the same products that OCUK do, or that people don't actively search for the best deals when buying a product, and that by even mentioning the existence of another company it would cost OCUK a sale lol! And nevermind the fact that cost is only one factor... I consistently buy from OCUK because their customer service is second to none in my experience, and I know I'm not alone in that. Some companies I wouldn't touch due to their reputation, no matter how much cheaper they were.

Of course, there should be no direct promoting of the competition or anything of that nature, that's a given, but common sense should come in to play here. PCPP does give competitor pricing with its product comparison feature, but as mentioned, who doesn't actively look up this info when making a purchase?! That aside, it's a tremendously useful site with a very helpful and friendly community, and why OCUK aren't affiliated with them is beyond me. OP raises a totally valid question, as it would only be to their benefit.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I'm pretty sure if I type the name of any component in to Google, it will give me competitors without me searching specifically for them. Even many product reviews do this, so we can't link to those either? This competitor thing gets blown WAY out of proportion sometimes, seemingly like mods/OCUK think we don't know other companies exist and sell the same products that OCUK do, or that people don't actively search for the best deals when buying a product, and that by even mentioning the existence of another company it would cost OCUK a sale lol! And nevermind the fact that cost is only one factor... I consistently buy from OCUK because their customer service is second to none in my experience, and I know I'm not alone in that. Some companies I wouldn't touch due to their reputation, no matter how much cheaper they were.

Of course, there should be no direct promoting of the competition or anything of that nature, that's a given, but common sense should come in to play here. PCPP does give competitor pricing with its product comparison feature, but as mentioned, who doesn't actively look up this info when making a purchase?! That aside, it's a tremendously useful site with a very helpful and friendly community, and why OCUK aren't affiliated with them is beyond me. OP raises a totally valid question, as it would only be to their benefit.

@Legend
now this is what i'm talking about...as my question was simply 'why are there no links to OCUK' over at PCPPUK...and yes this is by far the best UK site for everything regarding PC tech,the forum is fantastic and i personally have received invaulable help from members here regarding my pc issues
yes i understand not mentioning your uk competitors stores that is very valid....but again why no OCUK in PCPPUK...surely you lose buisness to your competitors due to this fact wouldn't it be in your interests to affiliate with them and compete directly against the competition

Back
Top Bottom