Poll: Where do you put you PC

Where do you put your pc case ?

• Floor

Votes: 31 58.5%
  • Desk

Votes: 22 41.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
under my dining table as i have an atx tower case, dont have a proper desk setup any more and we have a 6 person rectangle, so my tv, speakers, k/b & M are at the end which faces a wall, we only have 4 chairs and im basically in the corner, i quite like the setup as its just a case of unplug the tv and take it off and its out the way and im not in the way of every day life.. when i had a cube it was on a sideboard setup i had, but i would only have cubes/htpc on top or on shelves, not towers anymore.

Associate
On the floor now (wood) under a repurposed kitchen table. System is prebuilt by ocuk, should have left the PSU as they originally had it (fan up)... thankfully can remove the psu dust filter from the side on this case... Would be annoying to have to move the whole pc every time. U live and learn.

Soldato
I am way too tight to buy one of these computer case/desk setups such as the Lian Li ones. I built my desk to fit down 2 walls of my computer room several years ago. My computer room is just a pair of built in cupboards that I knocked into one and is only 6x5 feet so perfect as a pc room. The main top of the desk is wider than the other and I am going to adapt the desk so that I can have the pc basically slung underneath. I will be making a bespoke two deck box to put it in which will be then fixed to the underside on the right hand side of the main desktop. I have a sheet of laminated glass already cut to the size I wanted which shall be a flush mount window so that I can see down onto the top deck which will contain the motherboard (horizontally mounted) gpu, ssd's etc. The psu and water pump(s) will be out of sight in the lower deck.
Sorry pastymuncher, missed this.

Thanks for the detailed reply. Sounds like an interesting project - i would be interested in the results as i've looked into the DIY approach myself but since having kids, i just can't imagine having the time/energy.

I've managed to hold onto my study (although i did get moved) but it's already got another chair in it - and usually a babbling child to go with it (i pretend to moan - but i love it really).

If you're happy about sharing your project, when you start, i'd be interested in following it. I've drawn sketches of b*st*rdizing a couple of identical cases and tempered glass - but that's as far as i've ever got. Plus, i think my Dremmel skills will probably highlight the DIY aspect rather than hide it. :/

Obviously, don't feel like you have to do a build log - but an update of how it's going/went would be great (if you get round to it - i know how life has a habit of randomly getting in the way of our interests). :)

Associate
On a desk next to my main desk. I have a 150x75 with monitor and peripherals, and a 50x100 on the right end of the desk with my pc and game consoles

Soldato
On the floor, had a bad experience with the desk 8-9 years ago (big office/gaming chairs are sloped backwards, I forgot this when spinning round too close to the desk and cleaved the tower off).

Associate
Picked up a conveniently sized, black glass TV stand for the Anidees Crystal to sit on...

2ihkvoz.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Desk now it's water cooled , had it on the floor before sat on some wood and casters, picture a home made skate board :p was handy for wheeling it out to mess with cables.

Back
Top Bottom