**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

Associate
Hi folks....looking for some advice.

I've just purchase an S8 and a Spigen Rugged Armor case.

I'm looking for a screen protector. I purchased a glass one but it didn't fit right due to the case, it kept lifting off.

Looking for adviceon what the best screen protector is and what would work with such case?

Thanks

Soldato
Picked up the Alcantara cover today, my god does it feel good in the hand :)

Amazon has it for £33 compared to the £44 Samsung is asking and out of the 3 official cases I've tried Clear Case, Silicone and now this I think this one is a keeper! More protection than the clear which was my previous favourite and grips well...thankfully unlike the Silicone Case you can easily get it out of pockets.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Yes secure folder is what stores apps, files, media and whatever else you want. When you add an app, you will have to sign into it again and put its data back. It's in its own isolated state away from the main installed version.

If you ever lose your phone then the data in secure folder is gone for good iirc as it's encrypted to your phone's specific encryption key.

Associate
Yes secure folder is what stores apps, files, media and whatever else you want. When you add an app, you will have to sign into it again and put its data back. It's in its own isolated state away from the main installed version.

If you ever lose your phone then the data in secure folder is gone for good iirc as it's encrypted to your phone's specific encryption key.

Thanks for that.

To confirm, any app in secure folder cannot access other parts of the system?

Soldato
I'm thinking of upgrading to one of these, probably the standard S8 rather than the plus

What's the best back colour? Personal preference of course but after opinions, doing it online so won't be seeing it up close until it arrives!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Got the dragon skin today :cool:

n2Rc8ga.jpg

bgpbQ9E.jpg

Have to say, it was a lot more tedious to install than other dbrand skins due to the course material layer on this skin, think I managed to file an edge of my nails down whilst running them along the skin edge to flatten it during the hairdryer stage...

Thanks for that.

To confirm, any app in secure folder cannot access other parts of the system?

Looks like I was wrong about the losing your data if phone gets lost part! Samsung secure cloud backup creates a backup to the cloud, you get 15GB free by the looks of it going by my settings screen. So once you log back into your Samsung account on a new phone, your Secure Folder contents are restored.

But yes, as it's in its own environment, everything inside Secure Folder can only access other stuff inside secure folder. If you wanted to load the Play Store in it, then you'd have to sign into your Google Account again just for Secure Folder. It's essentially virtualising Android in its own little environment like a PC virtual machine.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm thinking of upgrading to one of these, probably the standard S8 rather than the plus

What's the best back colour? Personal preference of course but after opinions, doing it online so won't be seeing it up close until it arrives!

I went for orchid grey to be a bit different. Thought the black was a little too black and glossy. The black edge trim looks a little plasticky rather than the more obviously metal trim of the orchid grey.

Associate
Got the dragon skin today :cool:

n2Rc8ga.jpg

bgpbQ9E.jpg

Have to say, it was a lot more tedious to install than other dbrand skins due to the course material layer on this skin, think I managed to file an edge of my nails down whilst running them along the skin edge to flatten it during the hairdryer stage...

Looks like I was wrong about the losing your data if phone gets lost part! Samsung secure cloud backup creates a backup to the cloud, you get 15GB free by the looks of it going by my settings screen. So once you log back into your Samsung account on a new phone, your Secure Folder contents are restored.

But yes, as it's in its own environment, everything inside Secure Folder can only access other stuff inside secure folder. If you wanted to load the Play Store in it, then you'd have to sign into your Google Account again just for Secure Folder. It's essentially virtualising Android in its own little environment like a PC virtual machine.

Beautiful pictures!

Thanks for coming back to me, I really appreciate it. Can you stream content from the secure folder to a tv using smart view? In addition, can you put an app in the secure folder and then uninstall it from the device?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
You can stream normally as if you were using your phone. You can also uninstall apps from the host OS once you have added it to Secure Folder, unless you installed a Secure Folder app from the Play Store from within Secure Folder, in which case it won't exist outside of it anyway.

You can also send shortcuts to Secure Folder installed apps and files to your normal homescreen, the icons will have a little keyhole in the corner:

Screenshot_20170511-001335.png

You'll naturally be prompted to iris/finger scan or enter pin/pattern when trying to load anything with a keyhole.

So to answer your question, yes, you will be able to hide your pr0n, then stream your hidden pr0n to the big 52" smart TV when nobody is about.

Soldato
I went for orchid grey to be a bit different. Thought the black was a little too black and glossy. The black edge trim looks a little plasticky rather than the more obviously metal trim of the orchid grey.
I agree I think this one looks fantastic, thanks for pointing me towards it

I'm now stuck between the standard and plus. I've never had a plus sized phone before, but the contract cost isn't greatly different I just worry if the larger one is a bit impractical Day to day? Or is it not that much different?

Wouldn't want to regret going either way if one is better

Back
Top Bottom