Any Canadians here?

Soldato
@ Canadians

just wondering since your arrival in the UK which sweets/chocolate/foods have you had the pleasure to enjoy because they were not available in Canada?

I got some family that I want to send some British food to soon, do you have any suggestions?

Soldato
Cadburys Dairy Milk and Frys chocolate creams were what a friend always used to ask me to bring over to them! (cadburys isn't the same over there)
Yorkshire tea too

Caporegime
Prawn cocktail crisps, Cadburys chocolate bars (they do have crunchies here though and the bars aren't that different), sweet popcorn.

Those are pretty much the only things I miss.

Soldato
OP
Prawn cocktail crisps, Cadburys chocolate bars (they do have crunchies here though and the bars aren't that different), sweet popcorn.

Those are pretty much the only things I miss.

what kind of bars
do u cant get
dairy milk original
or which other ones?

Man of Honour
You'll probably find some youtube videos on the subject - I've not looked for Canada but from time to time I see the US v UK ones pop up in my suggested video feed.

Caporegime
what kind of bars
do u cant get
dairy milk original
or which other ones?

Crunchies are available here as well as mini and cream eggs (at Easter obviously) as well as a few bars I've never heard of which are presumably North American specific. Dairy milk and nut/fruit and nut are also available here but they taste a bit different* and the nuts are all crunched up which makes them weird!

*not awful tasting though, and not as bad as in the US!!

Associate
As a British Expat now living in Canada and having shared things from home with people here, I would send the following
Curly wurlys, any decent chocolate (not the crap that is found here, there are only a few "nice" tasting chocolates / bars here)
Scampi Fries / Bacon Fries
Bisto Powdered gravy! (yes, people are amazed by this stuff here, I use it when we have family dinners)
Some good "english" flavoured crisps (which they call chips here), Suggestion, pretty much anything by McCoys (presume they are still around)
Hob nobs, Ginger nuts etc (a guy in my office loves Almond Cookies from M&S so I get some sent over every six months or so)

We have british stores here, but they can be really expensive ($4 for a pack of biscuits..)

Back
Top Bottom