CycleScheme Question

Associate
Hi guys, to all those who have gone through this I just wanted to ask abit about it.

I'm looking into this scheme lot this week.

I've narrowed down a few options on what bike I want now and ready to apply.

I have gone through the process on the website and I have entered the maximum of £1000.00 because i will be looking to get a bike ranging in between £850 - £1000.
I have not yet finished the application but I was wondering If I put down the maximum amount for the certificate for them to start processing. Will I have to use the maximum of that £1000 or will I be able to choose a lower cost bike and still be able to claim it.

Many thanks

Soldato
You can claim the full £1000 but anything you don't spend you'll still need to repay. You could buy a bike and then top up with accessories to the full value. I've used Evans with my voucher for the past 3 years to get 2 bikes and then £1000 of accessories last year.

Soldato
You can claim the full £1000 but anything you don't spend you'll still need to repay. You could buy a bike and then top up with accessories to the full value. I've used Evans with my voucher for the past 3 years to get 2 bikes and then £1000 of accessories last year.
Can you use the full scheme value to just get accessories ? I.e. An indoor Smart Trainer or Power Meter?

Soldato
Soldato
I have done 2 schemes now (road bike and mountain bike),just about to start my 3rd one for accessory only,ill be getting clothes,locks,lights ect,your bike shop will help you out if something you want is not allowed on the scheme.

Soldato
I used last years allowance to buy vectors, tyres and some lights.

Only some accessories are allowed. I doubt smart trainers are.

The bike shop i use said i can add anything i want and they will put it down as something else,most shops will do this just to get the sale.

Soldato
The bike shop i use said i can add anything i want and they will put it down as something else,most shops will do this just to get the sale.

True, but sometimes you miss out on the best prices if it's stuff you know exactly what you want. Evans seem to be quite good and will price match.

Caporegime
All that tells you is that they're prepared to break the law!

I can get anything from my local bike shop for free if I break in wearing a balaclava under cover of darkness with a crowbar.

Associate
OP
The FD at work who oversees all of the applications for the scheme has just emailed me saying that he has had to decline my request due to I didn't put down where I was buying for.......

Seems abit petty when I ticked the option of "I've yet to choose my retailer"

Anyway, he said Im meant to have a written quotation. However I am going to be choosing an online retailer, Evans Cycles. Shall I select my local Branch, as you cannot select Evans cycles as a standalone option only the branches.

Also, how to I obtain a quote via online. Do i have to email them so I can get it in writing?

Sorry for the newbie questions guys, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Soldato
When I did mine I didnt really know which one I wanted so I went round Halfords found the bike I wanted and asked them at the counter to print out a quote. I then used this. When I went to get the bike it had gone down in price from £499 to £480 so I just bought some accessories to put it back to £499.

Back
Top Bottom