Forza Horizon 3 just shown at E3

Associate
did u last login before buying hotwheels expansion at the blizzard mountain?

if u last logged out in blizzard mountain then u installed hotwheels DLC the game will crash..

I installed both the DLC at the same time. Do I need to go and do something with Blizzard mountain. Sorry a bit confused by your advice. Thanks

Soldato
oh i dunno then.. i just knew there was a problem if you had previously logged out in blizzard mountain.. and then installed hot wheels the game would crash.. only way to fix it was to move ya car back to original map then install hot wheels and it should work!

Soldato
Is Horizon free on PC?

If I want to play Hot Wheels, can I just buy that single expansion?

Thanks.

Edit:

Got it, it is a "play anywhere" title so need to purchase that then the expansion.

Was a "cut down" Forza free at some point?

Soldato
I agree, it's not a cheap game but it's rather fleshed out and there's quite a lot of content.
There's more than 400 cars now, no other semi-arcade racer can boast anything like that.

If you like cars, you'll most likely play this for a long time. I've been playing for about 60h since release and still have only completed 15 of 63 tournaments because I get sucked in into Rivals or just driving around:p Not to mention all the collectibles etc.
The expansions are very nice as well.

Soldato
I praised them a bit too soon, it seems the last update has borked Blizzard Mountain and it won't load from the menu. I managed to make it run by accessing it from the airfield itself but now the game crashes at the loading screen since it remembers I played BM last time so it loads that instead of the main map...

Seems I'm stuck till they release a patch.

Soldato
The game now runs utterly terrible for me! i5 4790K, 16gb RAM, GTX 970 (not the greatest I know...) but now it does bursts of being smooth followed by feeling like your driving in treacle and skips between the 2 unpredictably! Worse still there's a bug with the PC version meaning the player cars are speed limited while the AI cars aren't - wondered why I kept losing everything!

Soldato
Had to uninstall Hot Wheels to make the game load Blizzard Mountain:rolleyes: I swear there hasn't been a single update for this game that wouldn't bork anything else in the process...

About the speed bug, I didn't notice anything? Winning most races on the second hardest difficulty (I think) quite comfortably.

Are you at 1080p? I've got a 1070 but run a 1440p screen, it's absolutely flawless now so I guess it should run pretty good for you at 1080p.

Soldato
Running a 1440p screen here. Was fine the last time I played it (February!) and now it's just unplayable. Dropping the res does little to help it and locking it to 30fps only helps a little :s

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Runs beautifully at max (no FXAA as I don't like it)/1080p here for me too. Still not tried the Hot Wheels DLC though....

Associate
Playing Hot Wheels,gives me goosebumps :D
Very different DLC than many expected and i really enjoying it.
That said - im waiting on Forza 7 news very very soon ;)

Soldato
such a good game. I just wish they would bring down the price every now and then..

MS gets called M$ and stuff like this is the reason. The expansion pass costs over 35 euros here, which is just insane. I want to buy it, but out of principle I refuse to pay as much as I paid for the game itself, for two smaller expansions.

Back
Top Bottom