Cost for a brick garage?

Following on from this thread on concrete garages...
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/concrete-garage-price.18771370
...I have decided to go for brick and am totally confused on price. Please see the pictures below for sizing.
In all cases I will remove the metal shed myself.

The concrete garage involves taking the top of the wall off where the garage will be, creating a concrete base and then adding a garage on top. The price for a higher end 22'3" x 9'6" garage (tiled roof, brick effect front, pvc door and window, pvc facias, guttering) is about £4600 (£1400 base, £3100 garage). Shopping around this price seems about right.

For the brick the differences are that an application to the council is required for the structure and there is a risk that the wall footing will not be deep enough to simply build up the wall.

I have one quote for brick of £7200, which includes a concrete base and the garage otherwise built to the same specifications as the concrete one.
However yesterday another builder came to quote. Whilst I am awaiting the exact price he said £15-20k and starting talking about double skins and that a garage door was not even included.

Now, in all cases the concrete base is required, which makes the brick garage around £5800 i.e. almost double that of the concrete one, which feels about right. The concrete ones go up in half a day and therefore the labour is low, plus the materials are cheaper.
My gut feeling is that the £15-20k quote is ridiculous.

So OcUK, what would you expect the ballpark figure be for a 22'3" x 9'6" garage in my garden?

The images below are what I am emailing to building companies prior to them coming for a quote.

Soldato
£7200 to build a garage? That is really cheap

the builder who quotes you 15k to 20k is more realistic imo

could you not save costs by digging the foundations yourself and then pouring in the concrete?

Back
Top Bottom