• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
It reduces FPS when there isn't much movement happening to save power. Haven't tried it myself. I'd be concerned that I'd notice the FPS drop even when not moving much in-game since there's still other stuff on the screen moving around. I've read a few reviews but none of them seem to do much comparison between what the game feels like when FPS is constantly high and when it's ramping up and down depending on what's happening in-game.

Associate
chill is pretty good. reduced my temps a little and reduced my power max power by 50. i have it set to drop down to 40 fps but as soon as you move the mouse it goes up again to normal fps. if you just sit and look at screen not moving the mouse or interacting with the game it stays at the lowest you have set it to.

it gets mention and a little bit of an explanation in this video. AdoredTV youtube

Soldato
No, I take it back, it's still broken. Looks lile AMD haven't fixed the faulty check, just don't bother to run it unless your settings are not already at the default.

My settings save after each system boot. I overclock the core and use fan control.

Do you have any other overclocking software still installed on your system? I remember having the same thing with old AMD drivers before Crimson and it was msi afterburner loading up resting my settings.

Soldato
My settings save after each system boot. I overclock the core and use fan control.

Do you have any other overclocking software still installed on your system? I remember having the same thing with old AMD drivers before Crimson and it was msi afterburner loading up resting my settings.

Nope, nothing. I had to do a clean install a few months back, then the upgrade to Creators, and the recent AMD drivers keep bugging on this. It's a pretty common bug a lot of people seem to be suffering from.

Soldato
Yep. It's a driver bug. You only have to google the error message to see how long and how many people it's been affecting.

I understand that and I have also had it in the past before Crimson. I just trying to see if I can help you fix it :D
Out of us all on this AMD driver thread I feel like am the only user that is issue free lol everything just works now why might that be? I dont do anything any different to you or anyone else.

Check your start up programs see what starts after Radeon settings. With CCC and overdrive back then when that started my settings would be fine until the MSI AB started up after it, Think it was also Rivertune that was giving me headache.

Soldato
I understand that and I have also had it in the past before Crimson. I just trying to see if I can help you fix it :D
Out of us all on this AMD driver thread I feel like am the only user that is issue free lol everything just works now why might that be? I dont do anything any different to you or anyone else.

Yeah, I appreciate that, but I'm reaching the point where I've tried everything and I'm reaching the point of diminishing returns. It's just becoming a waste of my time to keep flogging away at a problem that's unfixable from my end because it's a AMD driver/Wattman error. I'm not going to start messing with forcing BIOS updates into the card in the hope it helps.

Check your start up programs see what starts after Radeon settings. With CCC and overdrive back then when that started my settings would be fine until the MSI AB started up after it, Think it was also Rivertune that was giving me headache.

I know, and until Creators and the last few drivers I would have said the same thing about my setup, ie zero problems. I've never had MSI AB or Rivertuner installed on this PC since the fresh OS install, and the time I tried them a few years back, I found they caused exactly such instability and have never used them since. The built in Wattman and previous AMD overclock tools were more than adequate for what I needed, so that's what I've been using.

Soldato
Very odd. Must be something. The card isn't and never has been clocked. It's either windows (unlikely), the game itself, some in game graphics settings, or the card/driver. I'll get a screen shot. It's mostly in "mod shops" but inside ammunition looks weird too. Basically the colours are all way off. And reflections are like uber.

Soldato
Very odd. Must be something. The card isn't and never has been clocked. It's either windows (unlikely), the game itself, some in game graphics settings, or the card/driver. I'll get a screen shot. It's mostly in "mod shops" but inside ammunition looks weird too. Basically the colours are all way off. And reflections are like uber.
sounds like you are running mods and it might be an error in one of them.. could be wrong of course

Soldato
This may be totally dumb, but i need to rollback to 17.2.1 due to artifacts in Horizon 3, ive got the package but everytime i run it, its downloading the 17.4.4 package and installing that one, how on earth do i stop this madness as its driving me insane. Probably something simple but ive lost the will to live at this point lol

Edit - Ill leave what i asked to show how dumb ive been - i was using the minimalist installer package, rather than the full one - see totally dumb on my part.

Back
Top Bottom