new to pc gaming

Soldato
We've reached as far as we can go without swapping out components - it could be anything - but my money is on the motherboard or CPU as light indicates a problem.

The problem we have is that you took apart your PC, without taking any anti static precautions which can damage/kill components (haven't mentioned before as may not be relevant). Also, you had tried to boot the system many times with the cooler not making proper contact with the CPU which may or may not have damaged it.

It could be the PSU or GFX - nothing is impossible - but given the above, i think the MB or CPU are the most likely affected.

EDIT: You seem to agree :)

Associate
OP
I'm wearing anti static gloves always do before touching any electronics but I have a spare cpu at work I'll bring it home tomorrow an let you know but thanks a lot for you help I really appreciate it an ill update you tomorrow

Soldato
I admire your 'get to it' attitude though - but in this particular instance i'm afraid you may have damaged a component.

in the same breath you may not have - just taking apart an old system, even carefully, can kill components that would have happily carried on working had they not been touched/moved.

PCs are buggers...

Soldato
I'm wearing anti static gloves always do before touching any electronics but I have a spare cpu at work I'll bring it home tomorrow an let you know but thanks a lot for you help I really appreciate it an ill update you tomorrow
No worries - shame we didn't get a result.

Can't say we didn't try.

Associate
OP
I think I just found why an I'm laughing so hard new mobo it is EDIT: any recommendations on mid range that's not gunna kill my bank account lol

Associate
OP
No I poped on the cpu cover an noticed it's light of a few pin explains the issue an recommendations of a mid range mother board the won't kill my bank account

Soldato
No I poped on the cpu cover an noticed it's light of a few pin explains the issue an recommendations of a mid range mother board the won't kill my bank account
That would explain it...

What's a bit uncanny is that i just posted this on another thread:

Did you check the pins when you swapped the cooler?

Wish i had asked this of you about 40 posts earlier :)

Associate
Sounds an awful lot like my problem that I had, turned out to be the motherboard. I'd tell you to go read my thread but when you see it's over 60 pages long I imagine that may scare you a bit.

Anyway, you're in good hands, Plec is brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom