Where to sell a HP Omen X?

Associate
Hello wise people,

Sorry if this is the wrong place, but I couldn't see a selling section on this forum.

My friend has recently won a very high spec gaming PC (a HP Omen X, fully specced out). It's worth something like £2k and he'd like to sell it (the money would be more useful to him than the PC at the moment). He's a bit concerned about selling it via ebay or gumtree and I was suggesting he find somewhere more specific (like a forum?).

Where would you suggest he try and sell it?

Many thanks,

Meurig

Associate
OP
Thanks ExRayTed, slightly annoying, but I can understand the reasons for restricting access to the sales section. Thanks for the clarification!

Associate
Just as some extra input: You may find it difficult to sell such a high spec PC because most people spending that much would just buy it new, at least from what I've found.

So you might be better off taking it apart and selling what you can. Though I'm not so sure about the more custom parts, like the case. They may have to be sold quite cheaply for someone to take them.

Associate
I'd try selling it whole first though (And yeah, eBay and Gumtree are my recommendations). You never know and it would save you a lot of effort. Also, trying to sell it whole for a bit will only cost you some time, so I'd definitely give it a go to start with.

Soldato
do not sell a 2 grand pc on ebay.

edit: as above, you'll find it very hard to sell a pc like that as a complete kit unless you sell it for silly cheap money. anyone parting with ~2k for a pc will buy new. i'm guessing you can't offer warranty assistance as it was a prize so people will steer clear.
stripping it down and selling it off for what he can is the best bet

Caporegime
Gumtree cash in hand only and make sure he has someone with him.

Try selling it for £1500 and play on the fact that it's a £2K+ machine which is brand new and simply unwanted.

That will be the only way it will go.

Don't break it for parts it will go for less.

Soldato
If you sell it on ebay I'd only consider cash on collection and disable the paypal account from the ebay account to avoid as many goons as possible.

Back
Top Bottom