Primo bottom?

Soldato
I'm taking the plunge into water again, after a gap of 10 years and I'm planning out what I'm going to do.

I'm thinking the case I'm going for is a Primo as it looks like it'll very comfortably fit plenty and will allow me to use barely any fan speed and plenty of radiator.

One thing I'm puzzled about is the bottom of the case. I've watched some videos trying to puzzle it out but it's unclear to me.

The bottom of the case can take a 480mm rad. It also has a pump mounting spot. If I'm able to mount the pump in the bottom as well as a 480mm rad then I can have a very large res mounted to the right hand side of the motherboard. This will mean that with another 480mm rad on the roof of the case I'll be able to get away with very quiet operation, and a massive amount of spare liquid capacity to make it easier to manage.

tl;dr - Can I use the pump mount in the bottom if I'm also using a 480mm rad in the bottom?

Associate
yes and yes

The Rad goes in the Mainboard section of the case at the front, the pump goes in the back next to the PSU hidden almost from view.

Kinda hard to explain really.

Soldato
yes and yes

The Rad goes in the Mainboard section of the case at the front, the pump goes in the back next to the PSU hidden almost from view.

Kinda hard to explain really.

^^^ This.

If you are really aiming for low noise do away with the pump mount and use a shoggy sandwich to decouple the pump. You can also look at putting a 420mm rad in the roof instead of the 480, 3 fans instead of 4 and a touch larger surface area with a 420mm but ultimately similar performance.

One thing to be aware of is that you are limited to the width of the rad if you are going to go for a 480mm in the bottom unless you want to mod the case. Off the top of my head I think the max rad width is around the area of 125-127mm.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thanks guys, I thought it worked like that but wasn't sure. So far I've only ordered one radiator, a 480 so I can see the case and work out what can go where. Ideally it'll go in the bottom.

I will want to decouple the pump, last time I did it with rubber decoupling screws, but I'll keep open minded about that sandwich :)

Back
Top Bottom