TV Licence Super Thread

Soldato
Didn't we have a megathread for all this TV licence garbage? I swear that this topic, spec me a chair, and ebay scam threads make up 60% of GD's content.
This is different. Someone's actually been paying for it, and apparently been massively over paying for it. It's not every day we get this sort of controversial thread.

Heroes? no.
Just not stupid enough to be taken for a mug by a system that's designed to keep you living in fear steal your hard earned cash.
Well it's not actually theft though is it? The same way copyright infringement isn't theft.

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime
lol @ everybody saying their time is too valuable to update the TV licensing records to say they don't need a license happily wasting time talking about how much they dislike the TV license on an internet forum.

doesn't matter if you do update them they keep pestering you.

easier to just ignore them tbh.

ocne a month or so get a letter to "the occupier" and in the bin it goes.

Associate
Top Gear is still around...

I said it in other threads. 47p per day for the BBC is a bargain. One of the best broadcasters in the World and we are lucky to have it

God bless the Queen, may the sun never set on the Empire, cucumber sandwiches, cricket, jumpers for goalposts, the Beeb...blah, blah, blah. They can shove the BBC and the rest of television up their collective bottom holes. Go read something of substance instead of wasting time with the establishments propaganda machine. It's not called 'the idiot box' without reason.

Caporegime
Love all the heroes not paying their tv licence. I'm so impressed, billy big balls.

hardly, jjust they dont use the service.

i prefer on demand as i watch tv at weird times duen to shifts. live tv would mean watching crap like loose women.

on that nopte how the **** did they get a day time tv program called loose women on the air and not get destroyed by SJW for it?

Caporegime
God bless the Queen, may the sun never set on the Empire, cucumber sandwiches, cricket, jumpers for goalposts, the Beeb...blah, blah, blah. They can shove the BBC and the rest of television up their collective bottom holes. Go read something of substance instead of wasting time with the establishments propaganda machine. It's not called 'the idiot box' without reason.
That's a slightly different proposition to all the badasses not paying when they should.

Soldato
Yeah... I'm not buying that everyone saying "lol don't pay it" isn't using it.
That's a point that you've made up, and are now arguing against it. You just be an old fart, because times are changing.

I don't "need" a licence. For TV I have Netflix and Amazon as well as movies. I wouldn't buy a license if I "needed" one, but that's actually irrelevant. I have no interest in regular TV.

The adverts are brutal. That by itself is enough reason for why I don't watch regular TV.

Soldato
Not paid the licence fee for 10 years now and thinking back I've obviously saved well over £1K in fees. Judging by the amount of threats they sent me in the post in that time, the postage alone could have paid at least one years worth of licence. :D

Soldato
Heres a question,

Was paying it on old place, when moved out on 28th April just cancelled the TV license, now my girlfriends is getting emails saying something has gone wrong with the direct debit and if we don't sort it we'll either be unlicensed or debt passed onto a debt collection agency, is this true since we just cancelled it, it's not a contract is it? Have they got us now, as it seems if you try to notify them you don't live there they then end up finding the new address how do we get out of this one?

Soldato
Heres a question,

Was paying it on old place, when moved out on 28th April just cancelled the TV license, now my girlfriends is getting emails saying something has gone wrong with the direct debit and if we don't sort it we'll either be unlicensed or debt passed onto a debt collection agency, is this true since we just cancelled it, it's not a contract is it? Have they got us now, as it seems if you try to notify them you don't live there they then end up finding the new address how do we get out of this one?

It seems like if you move out a property and cancel/move your licence, they will instantly send threat-o-grams to the unlicenced property demanding you get a licence. Even when the property is empty and there is no TV on the premises.

Soldato
It seems like if you move out a property and cancel/move your licence, they will instantly send threat-o-grams to the unlicenced property demanding you get a licence. Even when the property is empty and there is no TV on the premises.

My girlfriends getting them via email and worried they'll screw with her credit report.

Back
Top Bottom