Decent Bluetooth Speaker for after meal chats in garden

Caporegime
Just bought this on a deal

Philips BTM2460/12 Micro Music System Bluetooth with Multipair (20 W RMS/CD/MP3-CD/USB) - Black

Sounded woolly , bass heavy and not worth 90!

Is sonos my only option?

Thanks

Caporegime
Sonos might not be the ideal garden speaker. You can't do a direct phone to speaker connection. You have to connect both to your wifi network so you'll need decent wifi reception in your garden.

You might be better with a Bose Mini or Colour Soundlink.

Soldato
I really like the JBL Pulse 2 that we got instead of a Bose mini, they also have other speakers that don't have lights etc if you aren't into them. Use it as our main music player now.

Soldato
I have a JBL Charge 2+ which is absolutely superb.....demoed it against basically everything else on the market and I am over the moon with it (and I am reasonably fussy, I have a separates system with mission m35i floor standers, ue triple fi 10s and beyer dt770s). It is also waterproof too. I believe the charge 3 that replaces it is a little less clear due to it being submersible rather than just shower proof thus has more seals, so I'd try and get a charge 2+ for what I imagine would be a bargain price.

It comes with me when I'm working away etc and in reality gets more use than all my other hifi gear these days :)

Soldato
I have a JBL Charge 2+ which is absolutely superb.....demoed it against basically everything else on the market and I am over the moon with it (and I am reasonably fussy, I have a separates system with mission m35i floor standers, ue triple fi 10s and beyer dt770s). It is also waterproof too. I believe the charge 3 that replaces it is a little less clear due to it being submersible rather than just shower proof thus has more seals, so I'd try and get a charge 2+ for what I imagine would be a bargain price.

It comes with me when I'm working away etc and in reality gets more use than all my other hifi gear these days :)

This^^

I got the JBL Charge 2+ for xmas and my fiancee and I often have drinks in the garden listening to it - plus in the shower/kitchen doing dishes etc - battery life is really good!

It can also charge other devices like your mobile etc - taking it with us to Reading festival this year to listen to tunes outside the tent, charge phones and it's splash proof - total win win

Associate
I would suggest an ultimate ears (UE) boom of some description - I love Sonos but not ideal to move around and with the changeable UK weather something that can get wet is my preference!

If you want something that looks elegant (and more expensive mind!) maybe consider one of the B&O Play portable speakers.

Soldato
I got a Loewe Speaker 2go a few years back for christmas. It's bluetooth, not wifi and has a good battery life so it's perfect for on the go. Can take it to the park, out in the garden or just move it around the house with no cables or fuss. Plus it looks really classy unlike most portable speakers which mostly just look a bit odd IMO like the JBL ones.

It's not cheap (£270 on amazon at the moment but it was £200 on there when I got it), but produces fantastic sound and is as good as the day I got it about 2 and a half years ago.

edit: looks like there's a few on ebay at decent prices

Last edited:
Permabanned
Just bought this on a deal

Philips BTM2460/12 Micro Music System Bluetooth with Multipair (20 W RMS/CD/MP3-CD/USB) - Black

Sounded woolly , bass heavy and not worth 90!

Is sonos my only option?

Thanks

Bose Soundlink III is good for this kinda thing. Battery lasts a really long time too which is one of the things that made my decision.

Back
Top Bottom