Rising Storm 2: Vietnam

Soldato
I think it still goes by waves and this wave I believe has just finished, so even now the servers will be unavailable? Before the game is released, you will be able to play in the open beta that they are doing nearer the time of release. If you like that, then buy the game before it's official release.

Soldato
Finally got to play this over the weekend with this latest Beta phase...not impressed. I was so keen for this to be the gritty, Battlefield Vietnam (the original) replacement, but there's something very disconnected about it; it doesn't feel like you're the character in the game. It is not at all immersive, even with full air and arty support blowing the surroundings up, it just feels distanced. The sounds also feel distanced, like constantly muffled.

The vietnam mod for Day of Infamy has the immersion and feel I'd hoped this RS2:V would have, it just needs more time put into it as it's very much a side mod.

So this RS2:V won't be getting my money as I don't see how they can address such an integral issue as feeling disconnected from the character you're playing (I don't mean emotionally/RPish!).

Soldato
OP
I'm hoping that now this version is easier to mod we will get some popular user created content. Sounds are definitely lacking. I was hoping they would have a VoIP system more like Squad but it's still the same as previous iterations and doesn't really help with the team play.

Also sick of playing this casual mode with friendly player icons, kill feeds etc. Bring on the realism mode on full release. I'm hoping that will cut down on the fact that everyone is sprinting at 100mph everywhere.

Soldato
Tried this over the weekend, was looking forward to it. Didnt like it at all, something about it felt clunky and off.
100% agreed.

I'm hoping that now this version is easier to mod we will get some popular user created content. Sounds are definitely lacking. I was hoping they would have a VoIP system more like Squad but it's still the same as previous iterations and doesn't really help with the team play

That explains it! I just couldn't raise anyone in voice chat, but could always hear I think the commander and squad leader in a very irritating manner. If you could only hear that stuff when near your radio carrier, that would be good, and might mean squads stick together? I found people just spread all over the map and there was no team work at all.

Also sick of playing this casual mode with friendly player icons, kill feeds etc. Bring on the realism mode on full release. I'm hoping that will cut down on the fact that everyone is sprinting at 100mph everywhere.

It did feel very arcade-like. What's worse is the team player markers that were totally inconsistent - you could be looking at your team mate and it wouldn't show the marker, but then it would show one for someone 30 feet away...naturally that resulted in much team killing at first.

Soldato
Finally got to play this over the weekend with this latest Beta phase...not impressed. I was so keen for this to be the gritty, Battlefield Vietnam (the original) replacement, but there's something very disconnected about it; it doesn't feel like you're the character in the game. It is not at all immersive, even with full air and arty support blowing the surroundings up, it just feels distanced. The sounds also feel distanced, like constantly muffled.

The vietnam mod for Day of Infamy has the immersion and feel I'd hoped this RS2:V would have, it just needs more time put into it as it's very much a side mod.

So this RS2:V won't be getting my money as I don't see how they can address such an integral issue as feeling disconnected from the character you're playing (I don't mean emotionally/RPish!).

Absolutely spot on this man ^^^^^^

The game feels detached, the graphics have LOD issues, the voice acting is terrible and as mentioned above the sound just isnt good enough. It doesnt have the feel of the original Red Orchestra at all. There isnt any of those "Oooooooooooohhhhhhhh ****" moments with this game. Again as mentioned above it doesnt have that gritty feel or look about it.

Soldato
Not sounding good, haven't got round to playing it yet. Basically I would be very happy if it's simply a red orchestra in a jungle setting, loved that. Is that what we got or have they messed it up?

Associate
Absolutely spot on this man ^^^^^^

The game feels detached, the graphics have LOD issues, the voice acting is terrible and as mentioned above the sound just isnt good enough. It doesnt have the feel of the original Red Orchestra at all. There isnt any of those "Oooooooooooohhhhhhhh ****" moments with this game. Again as mentioned above it doesnt have that gritty feel or look about it.

Exactly this. It feels "plasticky" for want of a better word! It's like when you pick something that is metal up, that you know should be strong, but just doesn't feel right lol.
I'm hoping that modders will improve it.

Soldato
Not sure what game you guys are playing but am loving it :D also put in over 80 hours of RO2 RS1
This game is excellent for its price also better than anything Dice has put out over the last couple of years.

Soldato
Playing with Friends in a squad and also having a friend commander or someone who who understands the game brings this game into a new level.

Followed orders here but failed to complete my mission haa

Soldato
Disagree :p Sure the Graphics are not top end but that isn't what makes this game for me.. This is miles better than any AAA game released in god knows how long.

Maybe am just so good at the game.. I run and gun most of the time.

Tell me whats wrong with the movement from this gameplay? Because am just not seeing it or feeling it. The gun play is so much fun!! Guess they no pleasing everyone

Soldato
Feels tired, clunky and off. Very stale and dry. Not a fan at all. Feels like it was made 10 years ago.

I agree and I feel like RO2 is the best of them sadly the bugs and graphics make it not really worthwhile for me, I guess considering it was slightly dated when released back in 2010 has plenty to do with it.

Soldato
You guys must be playing a different game, loving everything about this so far and the fact its only £17 not £40 + £40 dlc map pack for the rest of the game. Tripwire know how to support a game so it should be getting attention for a couple of years at least.

Back
Top Bottom