DP Monitor and DVI-D Monitor don't work together

Associate
Hey, I got a GTX 970 and 3 Monitors, the first one is connected by DVI-I connection with a VGA to DVI-I connection, which works perfectly with the other two, the other one is connected by a DP connection with a VGA to DP adapter, and the third one is connected by a DVI-D cable.
Weirdly the DP and DVI-D ports aren't running together, if I plug in the DVI-D cable and afterwards the DP, only the DVI-D Monitor works and its like that the other way around too. The DVI-I Monitor doesn't seem being affected by this at all.
Also it has nothing to do with the Monitors by itself, but more with the ports/Graphics Card, because I can switch the DVI-I and DP Monitor connections around and then the problem is at the other Monitor.

What I tried is:
- switching around the cables
- trying to find the Monitors on my Computer but it doesn't find anything (just says that it doesn't find any more Monitors)
- searched through the internet, but didn't find any solution to this problem, which is why I'm asking this question

My graphics card drivers are up to date and the ones of my Monitors too
Hope someone can help me with this problem!
biggrin.gif

Man of Honour
VGA in the equation will break things IIRC when doing multi-monitor - I believe you need all digital connections for 3 monitors.

I can't remember exact setup off the top of my head but I think there is only 2 outputs for VGA as well with 2 ports sharing one of those and the other going to the other port so only 1 of the ports sharing the VGA output can output VGA at a time or something like that - probably got it a bit wrong as I've not read up on it in awhile.

Associate
OP
Well, the thing is that the VGA to DP Monitor only has a VGA port, which is pretty ******. So does this mean I can't play with my 3 Monitors?

Man of Honour
Are you using the DVI-D port to connect to VGA as well? as IIRC you need an active adaptor to get that to work as it can't output to VGA directly (unlike DVI-I which can).

Need someone with a bit more hands on experience with the 970 as I'm not familiar with the 970 output setup 100% - some cards of that era were more restrictive than others.

Associate
OP
The DVI-D port is connected via a normal DVI-D cable.
The 3 Monitors are:
Monitor 1: Fujitsu X20W-5 connected via VGA to DVI-I
Monitor 2: Fujitsu E22W-5 connected via VGA to DP
Monitor 3: Acer GN276HL connected via a normal DVI-D cable

Available ports for the Monitors are:
Monitor 1: VGA
Monitor 2: DVI-D and VGA
Monitor 3: DVI-D, VGA and HDMI

Associate
One of the DVI ports is shared with the Displayport/HDMI output. You will not be able to use 3 monitors if both DVI are in use. It's been that way since at least the 6xx series.

Man of Honour
One of the DVI ports is shared with the Displayport/HDMI output. You will not be able to use 3 monitors if both DVI are in use. It's been that way since at least the 6xx series.

Knew it was something like that :s couldn't remember the exact details off the top of my head.

Back
Top Bottom