Manchester Bombing *** Please remain respectful and refrain from antagonising posts ***

Permabanned
:( This sucks. What a horrendous attack, made worse by the fact the target was an event where most were quite young.

It was only a matter of time, I hope it's the last but you know it won't be. Let's not back down and let it deter us from living our lives though.
The young are targeted by acts of terror every minute of everyday.. so its nothing new...

Soldato
Appalling. R.I.P.

Worry has to be, this smacks of a planned and organised attack - on a different level from a lone wolf in a road vehicle. If they have the materials and ability to do this once can only hope the security services are in over-drive to find the cell before they strike again.

Man of Honour
Not going to be a lone wolf attack, the bomb needs to be made etc...

The planning does seem to kick this into a different gear from anything we've seen since 7/7, "if" this was ISIS then its unlikely that the person who made the device was the person who carried out the attack, they tend not to use up people with those skills, however we shouldn't forget that the bombings on 7/7/2015 in London were carried out by 4 people with home-made explosives and not a "bombmaker" like we saw in Paris/Brussels.

Soldato
Horrible news to wake up to. Saw the update on my phone this morning and my heart sank. Any terrorist attack is horrible and even though I'm a good hour away this really shocked me. I just wish, once we find out who the attacker(s) is/are, we don't name them, don't plaster their name over the papers or on the t.v. They are nobody and they died a nobody. What we should be doing is praising those who helped out last night, give the good guys the thanks they very much deserve.

Soldato
One person can make a bomb. Is there any evidence either way to suggest this was a lone person, or more than a group, other than personal feelings and speculation?

Soldato
Not going to be a lone wolf attack, the bomb needs to be made etc...

Not understanding how this can't be lone wolf. The Boston bombing was two people with one of them doing almost everything. I think it's quite possible the older brother could have carried out the attack on his own.

Also the autistic lad who left a device on the train and convicted a few weeks back seemed to be doing pretty well on his own. Is it that much of a stretch to think someone could make a more active device than his.

Caporegime
Probably more empathy than sympathy?

You know you can "kinda see where someone is coming from" without giving their actions justification right?
Nope, I don't see where anyone who wants to blow up innocent children are coming from. They don't deserve empathy, sympathy or anything else, just an eternity of suffering, the evil cowardly pieces of ****.

Caporegime
Sadly this will only change when the communities from which these Terrorists come from stand up and say enough is enough. Like we had in Ireland, there are a minority in these communities that support/enable these hateful attacks. There needs to be brave decent people willing to speak up within the community, real leadership.

Unfortunately I can already hear the excuses from some of your Terrorist supporting politicians like Jeremy corbyn.

indeed - unfortunately when you get initiatives like the Quilliam foundation and Maajid Nawaz promoting a liberal viewpoint and calling for change within the muslim community then many within his own community instead attack him.

Soldato
Facebook is full of "Have you seen my Parent or Child" Brings things a lot closer to home.
I've seen a few being shared this morning, can't begin to imagine what must be going through the peoples heads who have yet to hear from their loved ones.

Horrible news to wake up to, thoughts with all those involved :(

Back
Top Bottom