8Pack approved 4.8ghz 6700K Skylake, Z170 ASUS Hero Bundle £270 cheaper than Z270 Equivalent

OcUK Staff
So here we go forums the 8Pack highest bin Skylake 6700K CPU's gaurenteed to run at 4.8ghz but binned to 4.9ghz in a soft bundle at a really crazy price of £582 after you claim your £140 cashback with Intel. This is almost £270 cheaper than the equivalent Kabylake OC bundle.

The performance of this bundle is the same as a 4.8ghz Kabylake 7700K as the IPC of 6700K and 7700K are exactly the same with 6700K having slightly better thermals., The bundle as well as binned CPU includes a premium elite tier motherboard in the ASUS Z170 ROG HERO, quality 3000mhz 16gb dual channel memory from Team Group, 240 AIO cooler by Asetek which in testing out performs the equivalent Corsair unit, well tuned water cooling fans and the best thermal paste of them all Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut.

Here are some screen shots of stability testing, performance and thermals of this bundle:

Real bench stability, None AVX Prime Blend and XTU used to check stability. Real Bench, Cinebench and XTU to test performance.

Here are the instructions for mounting the cooler:
Parts laid out!!

Retention ring hooked in.

and secured with clip.

Place the backplate on the back of the motherboard with the holes through the mounting holes on the board.

Screw the mounting post into the backplate.

Place the CPU block head over the mounting holes on the bracket. The inner holes are for this socket.

Screw down all 4 thumb screws one twist on each screw at a time until finger tight. Attach the pump!!

Please download the Bios and correct OC profile for the bundle from here:
https://img.overclockers.co.uk/media/archive/Asus-6700K-Bios-and-OC-Profile.rar

The bios can be flashed using a USB stick formatted FAT within the boards onboard Bios flashing utility. The OC profile can be applied also in the Bios by again placing on a USB stick and applying through the OC profiles section.

Some CPU will need slightly more Vcore for 24-7 stability with upto 1.4v being totally fine. Many CPU in this bin can hit 4.9 at under 1.4v so this is worth trying for 100MHZ more performance.

Get this awesome, incredible value bundle here:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/detail/index/sArticle/67698

and claim your cash back following this link:
http://www.asus-promotion.com/cpu/en/uk

For questions or support post in this thread...

Associate
hi just recieved my bundle. just wondering how much thermal paste do i put on and do i load both files onto the usb stick for the bios settings. thanks ady

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Yeah load both one is a bios which should be flashed first one is a bios profile for the oc. Load this once u flash the bios.

Put a cross in paste across the IHS and let the heat sink spread it out as u tighten it.

Soldato
Great chip no doubt (I have a Skylake as well), but with a new platform releasing anytime now it's not the best time to buy any tech until after we see what computex has to offer?

Soldato
Great price if you want an Intel system, personally I'd buy Ryzen but this bundle would last you for years. My 2500K has kept me going for 6 years now, I'm sure a 6700K would last as long.

Associate
Got small issue with the bundle, bought it a while back when was on sale but i was running at stock settings.
Today i have tried using the settings from the original post and the system doesnt want to boot up, when i restart the system I have error "failed overclock".
I tried running @1.35volts for CPU, no luck. My XMP profile for memory cannot be changed to 3000Mhz, it locked @ 2400 without any options to change that.

Associate
hi got all this bundle set up updated cmos/and oc profile from usb loaded windows on but seem to be getting lots a programs not responding.small programs like teamspeak taking ages to load up. there hanging then when i start up firefox or another program you can hear the fans kick in then they all load up together. if i wait it takes about 1 minute for a single small program to start any help please

Last edited:
Associate
Slow performance might be your CPU in failsafe mode - this happened to me. It's probably running at 800mhz.

I reset CMOS again and set the BIOS options manually. I needed a touch more cpu and memory voltage to prevent it doing this when overclocked - it might also be a BIOS issue that Asus need to iron out though.

Associate
Hi, this looks great, I already have a 6700k with the same ram and a Z-170A mobo. Was considering buying a water cooler. Would these BIOS settings work for me ?

Associate
Hi all. Bought two of these bundles last week but seems the cashback offer is no longer available. Would you be able to confirm if this is the case?

Back
Top Bottom