*** Sky Q Thread ***

Caporegime
I think I knew that? I'm not sure but finding them isn't the issue it's finding things TO record I have issues with and then the way it presents those recordings as big files.

I can read a list, it would have never occurred to me there wouldn't be a simple chronological text list like the old sky+ box, it's almost like I want classic mode lol

There is, under disk space within settings I think it is.

Caporegime
If you reset the network connection on the mini box for example you have to use the WPS for it to connect to the main box, despite the Ethernet port having a network cable in?

I've never had to press the WPS button since I have had the system, main box and two minis.

It was hardwired from day one no wireless at all,.

Yes I have had to reset network connections a couple of times, when I have added stuff to network or reorganised it but never had to press WPS button to do it.

Caporegime
I think I knew that? I'm not sure but finding them isn't the issue it's finding things TO record I have issues with

Use voice search to find program, press record button, it automatically series links if its a series, job done, maybe thirty seconds work.

Don
I've never had to press the WPS button since I have had the system, main box and two minis.

It was hardwired from day one no wireless at all,.

Yes I have had to reset network connections a couple of times, when I have added stuff to network or reorganised it but never had to press WPS button to do it.

Strange. Once I reset the network connection I don't have an option/alternative to do anything other than press he WPS on another Q box.

Caporegime
Strange. Once I reset the network connection I don't have an option/alternative to do anything other than press he WPS on another Q box.

Mine never asks me to press WPS, it just says to press the "DOT" in the middle of the keypad, then it obtains an IP address and then it's connecting to Q box.

That's it all connected.

daz

daz

Soldato
I already have Sky Q Silver plus one mini box, but was thinking about getting another. I don't really want to pay for someone to come out and plug it in for me though.

Don
They could save money and just send the booster out, surely cheaper than an engineer being there for half a day.

The engineer told me the boxes couldn't be used on a physical connection...not the best advice.

Soldato
I have a problem and don't know if it's been covered in this thread.
To listen to sky q through the tv I have to have sound on normal or I don't get sound and when playing through my amp I switch to Dolby digital only problem with this is when I want to record a film while I'm listening on the TV. Is this a common problem or am I missing something?

Caporegime
I have a problem and don't know if it's been covered in this thread.
To listen to sky q through the tv I have to have sound on normal or I don't get sound and when playing through my amp I switch to Dolby digital only problem with this is when I want to record a film while I'm listening on the TV. Is this a common problem or am I missing something?
Your TV doesn't accept a Dolby Digital signal via HDMI. Try connecting the sky box to your amp via optical?

Associate
I re-signed up with Sky and had Sky Q installed today. I now have a 2TB box, 1 x mini with just Boxsets package. I asked him for a hybrid LNB, which he installed (with new dish) and said both boxes had LAN connections available so not using WIFI. Engineer was very helpful and didn't question anything.

One question, if I upgrade to Sky Sports, do I have to pay the extra £6 HD charge as the blurb says with 2TB and multiroom you unlock UHD?

Back
Top Bottom