• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RX 580 Shipping Internationally

Associate
Hey everyone!

I'm new here, Hi from South Africa!

Very long story short: I was looking for weeks to get my hands on 6 RX 580's here in SA. After many failed attempts I turned to Overclockers, but unfortunately they said they dont ship to SA. So I asked my girlfriend's aunt if she could essentially have the items shipped to her, and then post them back to me in SA. This has now kept me up for so long, and it's causing me a lot of stress, as well as my girlfriend's aunt. We have already paid for the 6 GPU's earlier today and the money is already in overclockers account.

Do you guys think that it would be worth me trying to get in contact with Overclockers again and trying to reason with them to send it to me in South Africa, instead of Zurich and then SA. This is going to cost me and my brother huge amounts of money that we don't really have as students.

If at best, you guys can only offer me some guidance or even just some courier companies that don't charge 300 pounds for shipping (heck I've seen some places asking 600)

Any help is help..

Thanks so much

Last edited:
Soldato
They normally ship next day if in stock, air mail will take its time and normally they issue a tracking number .
You can drop CS a webnote or message on here asking for shipping update status etc , also how did you pay/aunt pay ?

What brand did you go for? 6- 580s... Mining ?

Associate
OP
They normally ship next day if in stock, air mail will take its time and normally they issue a tracking number .
You can drop CS a webnote or message on here asking for shipping update status etc , also how did you pay/aunt pay ?

What brand did you go for? 6- 580s... Mining ?
Hi, yep mining. 6 of the Aurus 4gb ones. They were "in stock" when we ordered earlier today. We paid with a credit card.

When you say air mail will take its time what do you mean? I'm looking to DHL for around 170$ or something...

Soldato
Ah, give it a day for credit card to be processed :)
How ever paid for it should get updates on how its being processed .
And I meant airmail to Zurich as that's its destination at first . not sure who OCUK using for EU shipping but when I order part from EU normally takes 4 days min to reach UK.
Again, CS should be able to give you shipping and update details . once payment has been processed it usually ships that day, not on day of payment if that makes sense .

Stand aorus cards are great. Have extra heat pipe over the standard Gigabyte 580 which was the old G1 480 cooler, plus slightly larger fans help. I went for the XTR to show off a bit .

Also was Bank holiday in the UK Monday ;)

Associate
OP
Just make sure they're properly insured by them, just in case.
Well, I'm getting some issues already. According to them (via Facebook) they say ..."nor do we allow 3rd party shipping companies to collect and deliver stock unless it's paid via bank transfer." I'm not sure what they mean unless it's paid via bank transfer? I mean, obviously ill pay the couriers before they go to pick up the items, plus I've already paid them so what could be the cause for concern?

Permabanned
Well, I'm getting some issues already. According to them (via Facebook) they say ..."nor do we allow 3rd party shipping companies to collect and deliver stock unless it's paid via bank transfer." I'm not sure what they mean unless it's paid via bank transfer? I mean, obviously ill pay the couriers before they go to pick up the items, plus I've already paid them so what could be the cause for concern?

I think Overclockers are saying as long as you've transfered the money via the bank you can do it at your own risk. Phone them and talk to someone rather than use Facebook.

Associate
OP
I think Overclockers are saying as long as you've transfered the money via the bank you can do it at your own risk. Phone them and talk to someone rather than use Facebook.
Yeah, we did credit card payment and without even confirming, the guy refunded us. Though the money is not through yet. Guess that guy just made everything fall on its face since I cant actually afford to send more money, being a student. Until I get it back from the refund. Sigh. WP.

Associate
I guess they have been stung before on credit card payments being reversed by card companies when the card client claims an issue with the order. They have little chance of following up in SA so they wont ship, bank transfer does at least take the card company out of the calculation but its still high risk for them to send.

Back
Top Bottom