Dual Monitor Issues just started

Associate
Ive had 2 monitors on my computer for many years now and all of a sudden one of them has started playing up.

My setup is as follows i have 1 monitor using Display Port and one using DVI.
Graphics card is a Radeon R9 380. And im on windows 7.

My Display Port Monitor is my secondary and its in portrait mode and most of the time is off line, the dvi is my main monitor and is used all the time.

All of a sudden the dvi monitor stopped getting signal and my display port monitor fired up from sleep mode. I then get what sounds like the USB connecting and disconnecting sound I looked into the resolution settings and the dvi monitor appears and disappears constantly.

I tried powering down the Display Port monitor and that did work but when i went to see if I could get them both working it started again and now when i turn the display port one off the dvi dosnt come on.

Id be greatful for any suggestions as to whats happened here and how i can fix it.

I have recently updated my Radeon Drivers to 17.4.4 and im wondering if that could be an issue.

Also when the PC reboots it posts to both monitors has the windows 7 swirly loady thing then when it gets to windows it starts. If i have the Display port monitor off when it reboots the dvi one works. Im starting to think its an eyefinity issue but have no idea how to go about sorting/resetting that.

Many thanks,.
Brian.

Last edited:
Associate
first thing I would try would be to make sure the leads are plugged in firmly both ends and undamaged, movement of plugs, corrosion on contacts and damage to a lead (porbably the dvi) can cause all sorts of disconnect effects

Back
Top Bottom