Poll: Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Mk II

Who will you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I don't see the point and stagnating our economy and infrastructure by spending less when the debt levels are still increasing, it's not a great long term plan.

I don't pretend to know if what the tories are doing is better. I really don't know. I think labours plan would be better for us in the present. But not sure about long term.
If I had to chose between labour and tory I may chose labour. I never thought I'd say that.

I really do not know which is better for the future. I do think labour are still.. Spend now and tory are cut now. But which is better? I know for myself I don't spend out of my means and hate debt, but this situation is not applicable.

Not being able to know which of these two is best, I fall back to my personal views. Environment, nature, working together with the world. Against military spending in this age. Thus green party fit my bill best.
Although I know it's a wasted vote it's important to me to say I voted for what I want.

I do get tactical voting, I hate that it has to be this way with regional seats. If I could change one thing, it would be this

Soldato
Hung parliament is my current thinking, a Con majority, but not enough. If that's the result then it will be an absolute disaster for May, and I think people in the Tory party will be calling for her head. I also think all the dirty washing that's come out about the police cuts has seriously weakened her.

Caporegime
Hung parliament is my current thinking, a Con majority, but not enough. If that's the result then it will be an absolute disaster for May, and I think people in the Tory party will be calling for her head.

What I've thought for a while.
I think labour are more likely to form a majority than tories.
I'd hope a softening of corbyns eu stance and maybe even trident in that case. It would cause chaos but I'd probably be personally more happy with the potential final result than a labour majority.

That's assuming a coalition does happen and assuming that, working together is possible

May has absolutely made this situation for her party. I'm not convinced she wants to win. Because she's doing a very good job of looking like she wants to but under the hood not.

Death tax thing is anti rich
Eu thing is anti university type
Austerity is anti poor
Is the only demographic the low earners who don't use services? Ie a few non uni educated but average salary families who might not die with an estate?

It's like she's trying to alienate everyone just a little bit.

Soldato
that or a Con gain of 5 or 10 seats and call it a stunning victory

can't see them gaining seats, if anything they will likely lose the west country again to libs. Up north people will mainly stick to their labour heritage appart from in the hardened brexit constituencies where Tories might get traction from the departing UKIP voters. Sturgeon has to have the mother of all bad days to lose ground in scotland. Wales will do what it alwasy does which is vote Labour and then just moan for 5 years. London will likely be a death knell for the Tories and probably see labour and lib dem gains.

Seems really hard to call this time which is why i think all the polls are trash

Soldato
My prediction is still a landslide Tory victory, with Labour's one bright spot being a few seats gained in London. I'll be surprised if Labour have more than 200 seats come Friday morning.

Associate
I don't pretend to know if what the tories are doing is better. I really don't know. I think labours plan would be better for us in the present. But not sure about long term.
If I had to chose between labour and tory I may chose labour. I never thought I'd say that.

I really do not know which is better for the future. I do think labour are still.. Spend now and tory are cut now. But which is better? I know for myself I don't spend out of my means and hate debt, but this situation is not applicable.

Not being able to know which of these two is best, I fall back to my personal views. Environment, nature, working together with the world. Against military spending in this age. Thus green party fit my bill best.

Not pretending to know the answers, but if we want to start making a dent in the debt levels we either need to make huge spending cuts or invest in the future.

I know which one I prefer.

Caporegime
Not pretending to know the answers, but if we want to start making a dent in the debt levels we either need to make huge spending cuts or invest in the future.

I know which one I prefer.
I know which one I'd prefer as selfish decision. Labour. I won't have any kids, and be dead before any effects happen.
But I can't say which will work out better.

Unfortunately it means for me I won't vote on the issue.

Soldato
I still think TM will win with a sizeable majority. I don't think it's going to be as big as she would like but I think it will be significantly more than that which she has now.

If you look at Electoral Calculus, they are still predicting the above.
http://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/homepage.html

Their track record is pretty good by the way:
http://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/trackrecord.html

with the exception of 1997, to which even Ray Charles could have seen what was coming they haven't been close at all and have just used excuses why they were wildly out each time. Polls are rubbish as recent events have shown both in the UK and the USA

What time is Diane Abbott on at the Comedy Club tonight?

she called in sick so they are getting Boris Johnson in as a substitute act

Caporegime
Come on then... let's have a guess as the winning party's majority!

I think conservatives will get a 55-60% majority. Labour will gain 'some' seats.

Mwahahahahahahhah they werent even expected to get that when the GE was called never mind now. If your serious bet you can get 1000 to 1 on that.

Man of Honour
you said 55 to 60% majority, not total, so a 60% majority would mean cons on say 400 odd seats and labour on 60% less putting them on 240 which is a 160 seat majority
Ah - yes, that's not what I meant... I meant they would win a majority and have 55-60% of the total seats, which is still how I read my original post but in any case that'll teach me to write things shorthand / confusingly / incorrectly :p

Soldato

It will go to the tories, because people like the boot. It feels safe under the boot. But I do wish Corbyn would win, or at least form a coalition. I feel like this is the last chance for decency really, and social equality.

But there we go..

Caporegime
I think there will be no overall control
Tories will get most seats
If labour and snp can take a majority together then I think that could be on the cards
If labour and libs can take it I think that would happen

I think it will need labour and snp at least. Thus it's quite exciting and scary.

Soldato
Ah - yes, that's not what I meant... I meant they would win a majority and have 55-60% of the total seats, which is still how I read my original post but in any case that'll teach me to write things shorthand / confusingly / incorrectly :p

I can see them getting 55% of the seats, but I think a lot now depends on how hacked off the old uns are. If they are put out by the so called "dementia tax", they might just not bother rocking up at all. If the silver vote turnout is low and all those procrastinating youths that have apparently registered to vote actually set their alarm clocks the Tories are in for a rough night. Will likely still win more seats but possibly not enough to give them the overall mandate May thought she was going to walk.

Caporegime
with the exception of 1997, to which even Ray Charles could have seen what was coming they haven't been close at all and have just used excuses why they were wildly out each time. Polls are rubbish as recent events have shown both in the UK and the USA

Define rubbish? Pretty much all the polls within the last two days got it spot on within their margin or error on the US election and the UK referendum.

The polls to look at will be the ones tomorrow and Thursday.

And of course all polls can go adrift as nobody knows for sure the turnout. Larger turnouts favour certain parties. Will all the new one million young voters vote? The result will be different depending what the weather is like on Thursday. If its cold, wet and windy and torrential thunderstorms then voting numbers will be down and the Tory share of votes will go up dramatically.

Its crazy in this modern age that weather can decide who runs the country.

Caporegime
I think there will be no overall control
Tories will get most seats
If labour and snp can take a majority together then I think that could be on the cards
If labour and libs can take it I think that would happen

I think it will need labour and snp at least. Thus it's quite exciting and scary.

Labour and Lib Dem arent happening alone, Lib Dem vote is too spread out and Labour is going to have max ~260-270 seats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom