Water Harvesting

Associate
I am about to start on my dual IBC tank rain harvesting system. I wondered if anyone else has constructed this type of system and has any tips? I already have a 900ltr tank behind the garage which was left by the previous owners. The garden sprinkler pumped system can empty most of that in about 20-25 minutes. My main concern at the moment is diversion of the rain water from the gutters as i don't think a bog standard diverter will be man enough to harvest and replenish 2000l unless it is over months!? (rain dependant obviously)

Soldato
You will be surprised how much a diverter can achieve. My 2500l container fills from just a double garage in a few days. You could have course easily direct all down pipe water to your barrel. Make sure any excess gets to the correct drain.
Andi.

Associate
OP
You will be surprised how much a diverter can achieve. My 2500l container fills from just a double garage in a few days. You could have course easily direct all down pipe water to your barrel. Make sure any excess gets to the correct drain.
Andi.

Do you have any pics of your set up at all? standard diverter?

Soldato
Sorry this has all garage roof water collected directly from the gutters. Any excess is run off into a rainwater drain.
In my last house I used a standard diverter to keep a 100l tall barrel full and that overflowed into a 600 tank lower in the garden. The only time I ran out of water was when the hozelock connector split in the frost.
Andi.

Back
Top Bottom