Water bottle?

Associate
I've been using a Sigg water bottle for the gym, but it's started to leak so I'm looking for a good replacement.
The screw lid type are too awkward to use while on the treadmill etc so ideally one with a sports cap.

I've checked out the well known brands such as Camelbak, Klean Kanteen but theres a lot comments about them leaking.

So what tried n tested bottles do you guys use?

Soldato
Make sure to get one of those gallon jugs, I hear they are great for gains :p

I've used Camelbak before and mine was fine in terms of leaking.

Soldato
Can someone explain the appeal of these bottles to me?
I've always just used some kind of old water/coke bottle which I refill from the tap. They cost almost nothing, they come with a free drink already inside, and they last for a year or more.

Associate
OP
Soldato
Do flippin' WHAAAAAAAAAT???!!!!!

The site says:
"Although people often reuse water bottles to get the most out of the container and lower contributions to landfills, this may be counterproductive. The act of washing the water bottle for reuse eats up natural resources and puts soap and detergent into municipal water supplies. This may be just as bad as sending the bottle to a landfill, according to Columbia University's Health Services"

OK, they are talking right out of their own backsides, on that one. It has absolutely NO greater impact on "natural resources" and puts maaaaaaaaaybe 0.00000000000000001ml extra detergent into your sewer, compared to when you wash up the rest of your crockery, cutlery and cooking pans...
Sorry, believing that article is about as retarded as the dangers of Dihydrogen Monoxide...!!

Get a military issue water bottle and, if you cannot cope with washing it up, some steritabs or that Milton steriliser stuff they use to clean baby bottles.

Soldato

The site says:
"Although people often reuse water bottles to get the most out of the container and lower contributions to landfills, this may be counterproductive. The act of washing the water bottle for reuse eats up natural resources and puts soap and detergent into municipal water supplies. This may be just as bad as sending the bottle to a landfill, according to Columbia University's Health Services"

OK, they are talking right out of their own backsides, on that one. It has absolutely NO greater impact on "natural resources" and puts maaaaaaaaaybe 0.00000000000000001ml extra detergent into your sewer, compared to when you wash up the rest of your crockery, cutlery and cooking pans...
Sorry, believing that article is about as retarded as the dangers of Dihydrogen Monoxide...!!

Get a military issue water bottle and, if you cannot cope with washing it up, some steritabs or that Milton steriliser stuff they use to clean baby bottles.

I'm just confused by the 'washing the bottle' part. It was my bottle to start with which I drank from. I refill it with mains tap water (soft water here is lovely!) and keep drinking.

Who washes out their bottles with soap!? :s

Caporegime

The site says:

Not even sure if serious, those things are awful!

Soldato
For once a month full bottle cleaning/soak, do you use Milton sterilising tablets ?

Also is Evian still the leader in 'disposable' bottle quality, some brands are now pretty fragile. ?
... I Typically re-use Evian 500ml bottles at the swimming pool where folks can walk off with better bottles.

Back
Top Bottom