Best phone for under £200?

Associate
Good price. But they only seem to have second hand ones at the moment.

The standard g4 is £139 currently, so may get that. The Mrs is wanting a 5.5 inch screen so ruling out the g5.

Not many options other then Chinese ones which if you are put off by purchasing from China seller you can get it from places in EU it just costs more

Soldato
OP
Going to try and get a lenovo P2.

I gave three a ring and they are hopeful of getting some in my local store tomorrow.

The guy I spoke to said he'd call me when they have stock.

Just wondering, what version of android are these running?

Associate
Going to try and get a lenovo P2.

I gave three a ring and they are hopeful of getting some in my local store tomorrow.

The guy I spoke to said he'd call me when they have stock.

Just wondering, what version of android are these running?

Marshmallow but if you go to the P2 thread there's info on how to install the official Lenovo Nougat update.It's very easy and works very well

Soldato
Don't think you'll beat the Moto G5 for a budget android. Lenovo P2 looks nice but it's firmly in a higher price bracket over here.

Associate
G5 pros:

Nicer metal build
Better camera AF
Fingerprint scanner
Slightly smaller
Comes with a fast charger

G4 Pros
Uses a marginally quicker but older processor

Have you read the reviews ? I haven't seen 1 recommend the G5 over the G4.
The G5 plus is a different kettle of fish though

Soldato
Have you read the reviews ? I haven't seen 1 recommend the G5 over the G4.
The G5 plus is a different kettle of fish though

I'm one of the dying breed that is able to make my own mind up about a purchasing decision by looking at facts and coming to a conclusion myself.

Besides I don't know what reviews you've been reading, these are the top hits on google...

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/140443-motorola-moto-g5-vs-moto-g4-what-s-the-difference

The Motorola Moto G5 makes several improvements on its predecessor, mainly in terms of design. The new device is much more premium, whilst also offering a sharper display, more RAM, camera improvements and it adds a fingerprint sensor.

The Moto G4 has a larger battery however, as well as a larger display and there is also the option of a larger internal storage model so some may still prefer this model. The new device costs the same and offers advancements though so it’s the more obvious choice.

http://www.techadvisor.co.uk/review/android-smartphones/moto-g5-vs-g4-3655367/

If you’ve already got a G4, there’s not really enough here to warrant an upgrade, although the fingerprint scanner and Google Assistant could prove tempting. But for those choosing between the two, it’s an easy one: buy the G5

Back
Top Bottom