Matched betting - who's done it and who's good at it? (No Referrals)

Soldato
So I've had a dabble at this yesterday and today, did the tutorial on oddsmonkey and so far seem to be about £20 up, question though is where do i go from here?

Do I just hunt down offers and do those, using minimum bets to trigger the offer then use the offers to make the money back?

And when it comes to the odds, i basically need the BET and LAY to be as close to each other as possible right?

Associate
So I've had a dabble at this yesterday and today, did the tutorial on oddsmonkey and so far seem to be about £20 up, question though is where do i go from here?

Do I just hunt down offers and do those, using minimum bets to trigger the offer then use the offers to make the money back?

And when it comes to the odds, i basically need the BET and LAY to be as close to each other as possible right?

Pay the £15 for the month sub to oddsmonkey and there are many more new account offers to do which will make you far more than £20. Think of it this way, youve already made a months sub for nothing so use it to unlock far more.

Mobster
Soldato
I'm about £1500 up from a month or so of this so fairly happy with that.

I've been getting sent quite a lot of bet X get X offers so been doing those, need to start doing these horse racing offers but they don't seem to be risk free like the new account offers and so you can lose money?

I keep hearing about accs being very profitable but I have no clue how to get into those. Has anyone got a guide?

Soldato
I'm about £1500 up from a month or so of this so fairly happy with that.

I've been getting sent quite a lot of bet X get X offers so been doing those, need to start doing these horse racing offers but they don't seem to be risk free like the new account offers and so you can lose money?

I keep hearing about accs being very profitable but I have no clue how to get into those. Has anyone got a guide?
On horses it seems you'll only actually lose the QL (qualifying loss). So you might lose a couple of quid or something, but then might make £15

Associate
Makes sense, what about if the bet wins, withdraw it, transfer to exchange or keep it there?

Personally once i'm finished with the offer, i withdraw it to my bank account (i use a separate account for betting) and keep it there and if i need more money in the exchange for a new bet i just transfer it.

Soldato
Personally once i'm finished with the offer, i withdraw it to my bank account (i use a separate account for betting) and keep it there and if i need more money in the exchange for a new bet i just transfer it.
This is what I do too although try to keep a small amount in most bookies.

10bet for example often email offers that, if you read the small print, are only eligible to people with a cash balance >0 in their account at the time the offer was released.

DHR

DHR

Soldato
So... I tried this over the weekend and had very little success, in fact I lost about 76p.

I used coral first then betfred... coral ended up denying my free bets and I've since received a mail to say I've been blocked from using promotions! Then betfred haven't credited me my £30 free bets!

Willing to give one of the big ones, one last try... just don't know who.

Associate
So... I tried this over the weekend and had very little success, in fact I lost about 76p.

I used coral first then betfred... coral ended up denying my free bets and I've since received a mail to say I've been blocked from using promotions! Then betfred haven't credited me my £30 free bets!

Youre doing something wrong then. Had accounts before? Used less than minimum odds? Did you try and withdraw any cash you won in coral before putting on the free bet?

Soldato

Do you live in a shared house, or have you moved recently. It sounds like someone else has made use of the offers at your address or else you've already had bookie accounts like @Big Spender says.

Soldato
The betfred one takes a few days to come through, mine took so long I had actually forgotten about them. One of the main things I really struggle with, which bet was placed with which site and what offer is in use on which site.

Just come across a free £20 bet with stanjames that I never knew about.

One question though for those who did this often, do you place bets on things that have a >100% rating regardless of having an offer.

Say for instance there are plenty of horses currently where the rating is >100% so if I place a bet of £10 under normal qual/arb mode I still make money even if its only 50p or £1.

Soldato
I don't arb that often. It's not worth being gubbed to make 50p here and there.

Long term you have to grind out the reload offers, find other strategies (each way sniping, ACCAs etc.) and see if you can multi account. The rewards get disproportionately less for the time required of course, so it becomes something you need to be time rich for. This is why it suits uni students, stay at home mums etc. I don't doubt they are busy but can find time here and there more easily to do it than a full time worker and the modest income is meaningful.

Or you can move on to start and introduce risk to whatever your comfortable with. For example I've started trading modestly. It's a tough learning curve, I'm not confident enough yet to increase my stakes, but so far in three months and 150 trades the trend looks to be heading in the right direction with one of my strategies:

laythedraw.png

Back
Top Bottom