Poll: Exit Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Results discussion and OcUK Exit Poll - Closing 8th July

Exit poll: Who did you vote for?

• Conservatives

Votes: 302 27.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 577 52.6%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 104 9.5%
  • Green

Votes: 13 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 19 1.7%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 30 2.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • Other

Votes: 46 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I'm not an Abbott supporter either but you need to grow up.
Sorry if that offends you but I don't have much sympathy for people who are overweight and get Type 2 diabetes. It's an easily avoidable disease - all you have to do is eat healthy, not drink so much and keep your weight down, simple with a bit of discipline - the same discipline people with proper diabetes, like Theresa May have to have.

Soldato
True colours continue coming through...

Just what is it about Cambridge-educated, 40-year Government veteran, 2008 Spectator Parliamentary Speech Of The Year award winning, ‘one of Labours best frontbench performers’ according to the Telegraph, overweight (like most of the House, who go without comment from Scorza), black Diane Abbott, that prompts such vitriol from Trump- and Brexit-supporting Scorza?

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime
Read what I wrote.

Half of Europe renected the European constitution which we were promised a reffurendum on our day was cancelled and then the constitution was sneaked through in the Lisbon treaty without the people being given a say. There was a large movement for a reffurendum at the time and the lack of the promised one boosted ukip no end.

Could you rephrase this in English so I can reply to it?

Thanks.

Soldato
True colours continue coming through...

Just what is it about Cambridge-educated, 40-year Government veteran, 2008 Spectator Parliamentary Speech Of The Year award winning, ‘one of Labours best frontbench performers’ according to the Telegraph, overweight (like most of the House, who go without comment from Scorza), black Diane Abbott, that prompts such vitriol from Trump- and Brexit-supporting Scorza?

I can't believe anyone would ever defend Diane Abbot. Hilarious!

Caporegime
Half of Europe rejected the European constitution

No. The European Constitution was signed by all 25 member states, and ratified by 18.

which we were promised a reffurendum on our say was cancelled and then the constitution was sneaked through in the Lisbon treaty without the people being given a say.

The referendum was cancelled because Labour decided they would not ratify the European Constitution. The Lisbon Treaty is not a European Constitution; it is an amendment of the Maastricht and Rome Treaties.

The Lisbon Treaty introduced a formal, legal process for leaving the EU. In other words: Brexit was literally made possible by the Lisbon Treaty.

Permabanned
Wow I'm no fan of Diane abbot and repeatly said she should step down. But to make fun or her because of her weight and throw hate at her because of it? By all means point out her incompetence.... But even this is a new low for you scorza.

Associate
Yet in our time of need FPTP has given us exactly two hung parliaments and a grand total of infinite useless governments that have done nothing for the country other than keep it afloat so London could hoover up all the attention.

Not going to happen now as those jobs will never ever come back.

True, FPTP hasn't really done it's job on this one has it!

Soldato
Wow I'm no fan of Diane abbot and repeatly said she should step down. But to make fun or her because of her weight and throw hate at her because of it? By all means point out her incompetence.... But even this is a new low for you scorza.

Because it'll total BS and we're calling her out on it. She was removed from the campaign because she was screwing things up. Type 2 diabetes doesn't make her say idiotic things, her incompetence does that.

Permabanned
Because it'll total BS and we're calling her out on it. She was removed from the campaign because she was screwing things up. Type 2 diabetes doesn't make her say idiotic things, her incompetence does that.

I dont care if it doesn't.... Like I said... Point out her incompetence by all means. Its the rest of what he said that wasn't needed.

How would you like it if someone in your family had diabetes ... And then repeatedly got called names about her diabetes because of her incompetence at work. Both are unrelated issues and should be treated as such

Caporegime
I dont care if it doesn't.... Like I said... Point out her incompetence by all means. Its the rest of what he said that wasn't needed.

How would you like it if someone in your family had diabetes ... And then repeatedly got called names about her diabetes because of her incompetence at work. Both are unrelated issues and should be treated as such
Funny that you never seemed to be bothered by the insults directed at Theresa May recently. Why stick up for Abbot now? If it's any consolation, I'm probably going to get banned for that comment - possibly permanently lol, so you win. What a hill to die on, Diane flamin' Abbot :rolleyes:

Permabanned
Funny that you never seemed to be bothered by the insults directed at Theresa May recently. Why stick up for Abbot now? If it's any consolation, I'm probably going to get banned for that comment - possibly permanently lol, so you win. What a hill to die on :rolleyes:

You have to ask?! Because people point out Mays incompency and don't make fun of an ilness she has. Perhaps that's why. I dont like abbot as an MP. I've repeatedly said that. I've also say abbot needs to go.

I dont like May at all. I think she is a bad leader. If she had an illness though... It wouldn't poke fun of her because of it

Caporegime
You have to ask?! Because people point out Mays incompency and don't make fun of an ilness she has. Perhaps that's why. I dont like abbot as an MP. I've repeatedly said that. I've also say abbot needs to go.

I dont like May at all. I think she is a bad leader. If she had an illness though... It wouldn't poke fun of her because of it
Nah, the sort of abuse I saw was of the really nasty, obnoxious, personal kind - don't you dare try and pretend you weren't taking part in it.

Permabanned
Tbf to Scorza (I never thought I'd say that), did he actually poke fun at her in his comment? Sure, his statement was ignorant in the extreme in regards to his crass and inane judgement of those who are suffering with weight issues (and all the health problems that come with that like diabetes), but it wasn't really anything more then that was it?

Not taking a stance either way here btw, I just think there's an important line to be drawn here between an 'opinion', regardless of how ill-informed it might be, and an actual insult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom