i7 7700k Pre-Binned Processor No 5GHz

Associate
Got a pre-binned Processor5 ghz chip from overclockersuk, can get a stable 4.8ghz MAX at 1.4v, cant get a stable 5ghz, tried 1.3 - 1.45v, the higher the voltage the more 'stable' it gets, but still bluescreens and crashes when stress testing, using cinebench,passmark,prime95, intel extreme, etc to run these tests btw. have spoken to overclockers on the phone and they keep recommending 1.375v but this is actually worse than when I'm tinkering.

I've got a corsair h115i watercooler with x2 Noctua NF-A14 140mm industrialPPC-3000PWM Cooler fans, I've re-applied thermal grizzly paste multiple times, I'm seriously getting frustrated now spending £150 extra for a not guaranteed 5ghz chip.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/inte...a1151-pre-binned-processor-oem-cp-003-oe.html

Recommended settings from product page via overclockers
"
Settings for 5.0GHz:
- Vcore 1.32-1.39v load typically 1.35v needed at most.
- VCCSA 1.05 for 3200mhz mems Upto 1.25 for DDR4000mhz +
- VCCIO 1.0 for 3200mhz mems. upto 1.25 For DDR4000mhz +
"

Soldato
Got a pre-binned Processor5 ghz chip from overclockersuk, can get a stable 4.8ghz MAX at 1.4v, cant get a stable 5ghz, tried 1.3 - 1.45v, the higher the voltage the more 'stable' it gets, but still bluescreens and crashes when stress testing, using cinebench,passmark,prime95, intel extreme, etc to run these tests btw. have spoken to overclockers on the phone and they keep recommending 1.375v but this is actually worse than when I'm tinkering.

Non AVX Prime 95 is what these chips are tested with (among other things) and it says so on the product page.

If anything you are testing it with uses AVX code then that will probably be the reason it is failing.

AVX code is more demanding and the chips are not sold as AVX stable overclocked.

Caporegime
I don't understand why people are buying mid-tiered binned CPUs. They overclock about as well as a non-binned CPU but you're absolutely guaranteed to not get a golden CPU as they've been tested and if they overclocked amazingly they'd be in a higher bin.

Permabanned
Yeah i'm in the same boat really, It's stable with everything running at 5Ghz but when I load up the Witcher 3 it just get too hot and either the game freezes or I get a blue screen.
I've tried up to 1.39v to make it stable but with more voltage you get more heat so...
I even installed a custom water loop last week but that doesn't help.

Back
Top Bottom