Retro console and games thread

Sad times, my new RGB cable for my Mega Drive doesn't output green so looks like it has to go back. It does however look and sound so much clearer than the RF cable! In the mean time, has anyone got any game recommendations for it as I seem to have lost half my games over the years.

Sonic 1+2
Aladdin
Bio Hazard Battle
Street Fighter 2: SCE
The Lost Vikings
Streets of Rage 1+2 (mainly 2)
Golden Axe
Gunstar Heroes
Predator 2

I own all of those, most of them from new.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Friend's emigrating next month so sold me all his Nintendo stuff at a good price. Most of it is stuff we both grew up playing together so fond memories :D

Lylat Wars has all the inserts/manual etc but no game. Also, he's still looking for his SNES games collection so they're mine too once he digs them out the loft :) Reckon he'll find a couple more N64 games too as we spent most of our free time playing Perfect Dark and Goldeneye.

aatfDY.jpg
iWhAau.jpg

Soldato
I visited my dad yesterday and came home with the GameGear. I forgot how much of a battery hog this was, probably why in the 90's we always had it plugged in.

uOt3hcA.jpg

You guys might be able to help me as well. Which batteries would be best for this? I've seen mentions of NiMH 2300? Also if they are rechargeable, can you recommend me a good battery recharger?

Soldato
With the Game Gear I'd just forget about batteries period. it will devour anything you throw at it within a few hours!

Just looking at your collection, I have great memories of a few of those games, still own a few others!

Soldato
With the Game Gear I'd just forget about batteries period. it will devour anything you throw at it within a few hours!

Thanks, I've ordered this this adapter to try. I have a few plugs at home that fit but none of them work, so they might be underpowered. Hopefully it isn't the case that the DC9V slot is broken.

Just looking at your collection, I have great memories of a few of those games, still own a few others!

Some of the games I have today, I never had as a kid. My dad has bought quite a few more since our childhood. I mostly remember playing Ernie Els Golf as a kid.

Soldato
Thanks, I've ordered this this adapter to try. I have a few plugs at home that fit but none of them work, so they might be underpowered. Hopefully it isn't the case that the DC9V slot is broken.

Some of the games I have today, I never had as a kid. My dad has bought quite a few more since our childhood. I mostly remember playing Ernie Els Golf as a kid.

Hopefully that adaptor works ok! I'd be wary of the cable length though! for some reason, that Donald Duck game you have was one of my fave's on Game gear. Sonic Chaos is another brilliant game too :) Wonder Boy the dragons trap is well worth getting if you can :)

Soldato
Hopefully that adaptor works ok! I'd be wary of the cable length though!

I didn't think about that :o. Some of the other listings have exactly the same cable length of 110cm, do you know of any that are compatible that contain longer? I'll check it when it comes but it should be alright for now. I'll mostly play this while sitting at my PC anyway.

Soldato
Does anyone know if the original nights into dreams on the sega saturn came in a traditional saturn case in PAL region? Or was it a smaller CD jewel case?

I seem to recall, from working in the old Electronics Boutique in the mid to late 1990's, that the jewel case edition came in a box with the analogue pad. The DVD sized case was the standalone version.

Soldato
I know this is for retro consoles only but I have a questions regarding Amiga hardware.

Was wondering why an A1200 is so much more on the open market than the A500.

I have a hankering to buy one :)

A1200 is 32bit while A500 is 16bit. A1200 got really popular towards end of life because of that reason.

Back
Top Bottom