Dialing voicemail rings the police - help!

Soldato
Hi all,

My wife has a WileyFox Swift 2 running a Tesco pay monthly SIM. She rarely gets voicemails but she got one a couple of weeks back and Tesco sent her an automated notification to listen to it. This includes an auto link. However, when she clicks on it it actually dials 101 and we get treated to the panic-inducing message about being "put through to Hertfordshire Police". She has to manually dial 905 (the voicemail number). Strangely, the voicemail entry in her phone is set to the correct number (905) but if you dial it, 101.
I spent a good hour or so going through her phone to try and see what was happening but cannot find anything. The entries are correct, no call forwarding rules, etc. Everything seems to suggest voicemail is 905 but it still dials 101, as do any automated notifications.

Do any of you clever people have a clue WTF is going on?

Soldato
Hi all,
she got one a couple of weeks back and Tesco sent her an automated notification to listen to it. This includes an auto link.
I havn't used tesco for testing in a really long time so sorry for the question but was this notification an SMS or was it via the GSM Voicemail alert system (shows as voicemail symbol, can only be cleared by clearing voicemail inbox). What did the auto link look like? Was it an OTA-Configure SMS type thing?

Back
Top Bottom