Porsche Owners Thread - If you own one or just like or hate them! :)

Adz

Adz

Soldato
First post in the Porsche thread for me. I ignored Porsches in general for many years. Too clinical, too dull, not 'special' enough... then I drove one and it all changed.

I've now somehow ended up with 2 Porsches and neither is a 911.

IMG_5676.JPG

2006 Carrera GT, UK car. It's probably the most challenging road car I've driven being left hand drive and having 600bhp, a ceramic clutch and no driver aids but the engineering and that V10 are mind blowing. It's more of an investment than a daily drive but I found myself wanting more of the Porsche experience so I purchased this.

IMG_5715.JPG

2016 Cayman GT4 with all the right options - carbon bucket seats from the 918/GT3RS and ceramics. Possibly the favourite car in my garage at the moment. It's got all the pace you'd ever need on the road, it's usable, relatively inconspicuous. Everything about the car is beautifully crisp and communicative. It's going to Castle Combe next month so I can see if it's as good on the track as the press say.

LOI in for a 991.2 GT3 but I'm not holding out much hope as I'm very late to the table.

Soldato
Congratulations Adz!

I missed my chance with the CGT, probably not ever going to get one now as prices have gone bonkers over here. They're very challenging cars to drive but immensely rewarding. I struggled with the clutch for the first few drives.

As to the GT4, mine's a little less subtle, in bright yellow. To me, it's the best car I've ever owned, bar none.

Enjoy the lovely additions to your collection.

Adz

Adz

Soldato
Congratulations Adz!

I missed my chance with the CGT, probably not ever going to get one now as prices have gone bonkers over here. They're very challenging cars to drive but immensely rewarding. I struggled with the clutch for the first few drives.

As to the GT4, mine's a little less subtle, in bright yellow. To me, it's the best car I've ever owned, bar none.

Enjoy the lovely additions to your collection.

The CGT prices are pretty crazy over here too but I think there's room for further appreciation, it was 1/3rd of the price of an Enzo and I think it's a nicer car to own.

For the uninitiated, the generally accepted technique for driving normally is to use no throttle and pull away using only the clutch, letting the anti-stall keep the revs up. It will handle almost any incline with enough practice. The other option is plenty of revs and dump the clutch. Just check for police first.

Last edited:
Associate
Ever since buying the 640d Cab (nice car btw) i've still been thinking about a Porsche. Its not going away until i scratch the itch....

Recently read up about LS3 engine conversions on 996/997/914. I fancy a "keep forever" kind of car, which I dont mind being a project and which I will never need to sell, nor be my daily. 500bhp in a 996? Thoughts.

In terms of skills, I can do quite a bit. Ive spent the last 3 years doing a ground up resto on a land rover defender. Now 4.6l v8 power with megasquirt custom ecu.

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
I definitely can't compete with the content of @Adz pictures, but at least I take a slightly nicer photo :p

NJPQA4uh.jpg

I think you should let me come and visit, I'll take some nice pictures of your collection in exchange for a passenger ride or 5 ;)

Back
Top Bottom