Finsbury Park Van Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I thought the people who detained the guy said they had hit him a few times. Think one even specifically said he punched him in the stomach. I have no source to back this up mind..

Tbh after seeing the video I was shocked at how calmly and non-violently he'd been handled. Given what he'd just done. I hope I would be as restrained in the same circumstance.

Soldato
Pretty much.

Maybe you should do more to address these people within your community.

What are you on about? Are you not in 'my community'?

I said I was right wing. Not that I condone what has happened. Or that I am anti-Muslim, or an islamaphobe. Or a supporter of the BNP/ KKK or whatever. Or anti-immigration.

You need to pull your head out your arse if you think anyone who's political leaning instantly defines all their beliefs.

Caporegime
There's also a vid on LL on him taking a kick to the head when pinned down.

But no there isn't anything concrete before that happened AFAIK, only he said she said it seems.

well it is pretty natural that he was going to (and frankly deserved) a bit of a kicking before being completely subdued if it was obvious to people there from the start that they had just been deliberately attacked and weren't victims of an accident... on the other hand to carry on further would go way beyond 'reasonable force' and the Imam was absolutely right to stop it once the guy was clearly no longer a threat

Quite interesting this got to only 4 pages considering how fast the other threads have escalated in terms of discussion.

not really - there was actually another thread on this

Soldato
Sadly this is at a guess just the start of things. Personal opinions asides it was only a matter of time before it kicked off. Like it of lump it its long been bubbling and in some form or another can be traced back as far as the riots in 2011. To a degree I'm not even sure these are direct retaliations but rioting, brexit voting, retaliation attacks towards foreigners after attacks going back as far as lee rigby. Frankly i'm shocked its taken this long.

To be clear I dont condone these actions at all I can just understand to a degree why they are happening and tbh I think its just the start. Underlying problem however is the government. Like it or not the british male is getting fed up of seeing british men women and children being blown up, stabbed or runover without anything other than a concert or announcement from the government saying tut tut come on stop being naughty, and when someone is caught for terrorist acts we treat them with kids gloves give them a new identity and pop them in a safe warm solitary environment for them to think about what theyve done. Like it or lump it people like to see reactions and responses they want these terrorists to hang literally and figuratively and one way or another more of these things will happen if we dont start getting hard on those that are responsible.

Soldato
well it is pretty natural that he was going to (and frankly deserved) a bit of a kicking before being completely subdued if it was obvious to people there from the start that they had just been deliberately attacked and weren't victims of an accident.

Agreed. I'm merely pointing out why he might of looked stunned. He could also be off his face on drugs, I'm sure time will tell.

Soldato
Its a shame that most people dont see that violence breeds violence... its a shame in modern society we can't see past ethnicity, religion or nationality... it makes me worry for our future...

Stelly

gary moore put it pretty well.

your flag,race, religion, colour, political leanings, none of it is an excuse to do this sort of thing.

this isn't going to stop the extremists, if anything it's going to motivate them.

Soldato
You need to pull your head out your arse if you think anyone who's political leaning instantly defines all their beliefs.

There's no need to personally attack me. And I didn't say that political leanings meant that you were an extremist. Merely that you should (as a group with similar political leanings) do more to address the more extreme factions within your end of the political spectrum. Just as I would expect members of religious groups to take action against extremist members of their own, broader groups.

Caporegime
To be clear I dont condone these actions at all I can just understand to a degree why they are happening and tbh I think its just the start. Underlying problem however is the government. Like it or not the british male is getting fed up of seeing british men women and children being blown up, stabbed or runover without anything other than a concert or announcement from the government saying tut tut come on stop being naughty, and when someone is caught for terrorist acts we treat them with kids gloves give them a new identity and pop them in a safe warm solitary environment for them to think about what theyve done. Like it or lump it people like to see reactions and responses they want these terrorists to hang literally and figuratively and one way or another more of these things will happen if we dont start getting hard on those that are responsible.

We don't know he is British for sure yet... maybe he's a far right nutter from the continent, maybe he's a zionist/extremist jew

we do know that he seems to have a hatred of muslims and has carried out a terror attack as a result - but his identity, ideology and metal health or lack of hasn't been confirmed

There's no need to personally attack me. And I didn't say that political leanings meant that you were an extremist. Merely that you should (as a group with similar political leanings) do more to address the more extreme factions within your end of the political spectrum. Just as I would expect members of religious groups to take action against extremist members of their own, broader groups.

indeed - essentially though this is clearly a problem within 'islamophobia' most islamohobes would condemn this attack... just as saying that Islamist attacks are 'nothing to do with Islam' is incorrect we'd also be incorrect to say 'this is nothing to do with islamophobia' - moderate islamophobes* need to ensure that this sort of thing is condemned and isn't encouraged and to report any people who might be voicing extremist views

(* this sounds slightly silly as it isn't exactly a well used phrase and obviously there isn't really as much of an 'islamophobic community' per say but again it seems to be the appropriate word as to have said 'white people' would be wrong when referring to or comparing ideology/belief. Point is there is legitimate criticism of Islam and indeed nothing wrong with disliking it and/or other religions - this can certainly be separate to disliking actual people or being bigoted)

Last edited:
Soldato
Will we ever see a politician or prominent member of the establishment come out and be critical of all organised religion? I'm honestly sick of having to toe the line between the two sides defending the rights of Muslims and also being critical of some aspects of Islam myself. What a waste of time and effort policing and supporting a whole infrastructure of what comes down to a load of old cobblers.

Time for religion to be put into the history books and for everyone regardless of their origin to move forward together.

I'd vote for the politician who gave that speech.

Soldato

You say 'my community' like I'm somehow not far removed from this bloke. Like my community and your community are vastly different and that this thing couldn't possibly have come from anything to do with you or you political beliefs.

If I was to stoop to your level it would probably be similar to accusing you of being a holier than though left wing do-gooder?

And cmon dude, I told you to remove your head from your arse. Hardly an attack.

Man of Honour
Will we ever see a politician or prominent member of the establishment come out and be critical of all organised religion? I'm honestly sick of having to toe the line between the two sides defending the rights of Muslims and also being critical of some aspects of Islam myself. What a waste of time and effort policing and supporting a whole infrastructure of what comes down to a load of old cobblers.

Time for religion to be put into the history books and for everyone regardless of their origin to move forward together.

I'd vote for the politician who gave that speech.
I'm in.

Soldato

I said I was right wing. Not that I condone what has happened. Or that I am anti-Muslim, or an islamaphobe. Or a supporter of the BNP/ KKK or whatever. Or anti-immigration.

Well said.

Caporegime

I think that's the point he's making.

Now remove political leaning and replace with religious belief and think about the content of a lot of other threads in there.

Soldato
I think that's the point he's making.

Now remove political leaning and replace with religious belief and think about the content of a lot of other threads in there.

Sorry you've lost me. Maybe you are right?

However what does replacing political leaning with religion achieve?

He wants me to do more in 'my community' because by his logic our political leanings make us accountable for one another.

I am not religious, so replacing my political leaning with atheism would just imply I am now accountable for any bad thing an atheist does? And I should condemn it?

Then again I have never really understood this whole apologising on behalf of others, or publicly condemning things just because you have a similar skin complexion, similar religious beliefs, etc. Because you feel there would be public out cry if you didn't.

Caporegime

Yes, that's the joke. Any time a Muslim commits a violent act people whinge about Muslims not doing enough to tackle these dangerous elements supposedly in their community.

Now a white man has done the same. How are you, a member of the white man community, going to take responsibility for tackling this blight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom