It's too hot :(

Soldato
Factory I work in hit 41 degrees when we came in at 2pm, only dropped to 38 degrees by the time we left at 10pm. It was like working in a giant greenhouse. The shift made a complaint with everyone's signatures, but we don't expect anything to be done about it. It was ridiculous and unbearable.

I'm surprised a walk-out wasn't considered. Or was it?

Soldato
I'm surprised a walk-out wasn't considered. Or was it?

A lot of blokes considered it yeah. Decided not to rock the boat in the end, since quite a few of them live hand-to-mouth.
It's bit a galling though, knowing your bosses can get away with making people work in such conditions.

I think tomorrow a couple may phone in sick - some of them alluded to such - it wouldn't surprise me.

Man of Honour
Spent the best part of 2 hours on an overcrowded, broken down train yesterday evening with no air con.. Was hell.

In an attempt to protect the infrastructure, Greater Anglia services reduced the line speed yesterday , which a fully understand but to then to purposely cancel trains on top is an outrage and compounded the problem leaving no room for error.. which there was. :mad:

Caporegime
went to bed and the hallway was 27.5c got up at 6am and its only dropped to 26c.

god damn efficient new build
Well our house is a 70s build, and according to the heating thermostat, inside is currently 26.5 degrees. Outside is much, much hotter tho. Feels at least 30 out there.

Our house doesn't even meet building regs. Single block wall with timber frame behind :eek:

Caporegime
Anyone listening to the weather forecasts expecting relief to arrive this weekend will be sorely disappointed imo. Standard practice for weather forecasters during a heatwave is to keep saying the end will be arriving in a few days time, more often than not it doesn't though.

Man of Honour
Anyone listening to the weather forecasts expecting relief to arrive this weekend will be sorely disappointed imo. Standard practice for weather forecasters during a heatwave is to keep saying the end will be arriving in a few days time, more often than not it doesn't though.

Fingers crossed it stays like this for the weekend. :)

Associate
Just hit 30.5c according to the nearest amateur weather station near me in West Cornwall, hottest day for 20 years + I'd guess. Lovely stuff, wish it was like this all summer long.

Back
Top Bottom