Your Favorite moving ending...

Soldato
Shutter island

Did you not see it coming a mile off though?

Have to agree with Empire Strikes Back, it leaves you gasping on one of the greatest cliff hangers in movie history. The way the music is used in that film is also possibly some of the greatest I can think of.

I love the ending of HEAT

Soldato
Did you not see it coming a mile off though? :p

SAW was pretty good

Are you asking me if I couldn't see then ending of HEAT a mile off?

No I thought Neil would just be killed or escape. I'm talking specifically that Vincent went over and held his hand as he died. It reflected the earlier scene where they met in the restaurant and talked about in another life they might be friends. It elevated the film to a deeper level than just a cops and robbers movie.

Associate
The ending to Memories of Murder is quite chilling if you read into the reasoning behind it.

Grave of the Fireflies and The Tale of Princess Kaguya have incredible endings too.

Associate
Dead Poets Society last 10 minutes- "O Captain! My Captain!".

Even more moving to think about it now that Robin Williams is no longer with us.

Caporegime
HEAT. The score, the handshake, the respect. Perfect end to a fantastic film.

Kevin Spacey's end monologue (epilogue?) in American Beauty. It seems to be cool to hate and criticise this film these days, usually by young people who haven't yet reached an age to understand it, but it still works its magic on me and leaves me deep in thought.

Could also add LotR: The Return of the King. I always get really emotional at that. :p

Soldato
Hero. The whole thing's brilliant but especially the end. You can see the King wrestling with the decision, despite all his advisors shouting one thing in his ears, but Nameless knew his choice could have only one outcome.

Back
Top Bottom