Steam Summer Sale 2017 - 22nd June

Soldato
After not getting much in the last few sales surprisingly there are a few bits that i'm interested in getting in this one.

Is Watchdogs 2 worth it for £22? All the stuff about visual downgrades and boring story put me off getting the original Watchdogs game, is this one any better?

Same thing for Mafia 3 or is it still riddled with bugs?
ive tried Mafia III found two minor bugs, but after 2 hours its starting to get very very repeative...

Associate
Mafia 3 probably the most repetitive game I've ever played, such a disappointment. Nothing like the other Mafia games, it's just identical missions with cutscenes in between, even the shooting/combat mechanics are boring. Maybe worth a fiver if you really have nothing else to play..

Soldato
iRacing subs 12 months for £22.39, bargain if you want to find out what all the fuss is about...
ive tried Mafia III found two minor bugs, but after 2 hours its starting to get very very repeative...

Cheers guys, think I will give it a miss. Bit of a shame as the soundtrack looks rather good.

Thanks for reminding me about Watchdogs 2. I heard that the second one corrected all the problems of the first one

I might give it a go then

Soldato
Was Resident Evil 7 any good? I loved 1, 2 and 3, but then lost track of them really. Probably would struggle to play them now, but 7 looks different (being FPS) to give it a shot?

Resident Evil 7 is a great game. Closer to the original trilogy than the latter games apart from maybe the last 2 hours of the game which is more of tribute to the later games. Still the later games are great in their own right - it's just fans of the originals were more vocal in their distain for the way the series went - personally I love the later games too.

Soldato
Was Resident Evil 7 any good? I loved 1, 2 and 3, but then lost track of them really. Probably would struggle to play them now, but 7 looks different (being FPS) to give it a shot?
First half of the game is amazing. Really creepy and tense with great atmosphere, then it just becomes a bit of a generic actiony fps type affair. It almost feels like 2 games sandwiched together. Its definitely worth playing though and while the second half isn't a patch on the first half, its still fun to play through. The steam sale price isnt amazing, i'm sure its been £20 or less on cdkeys.

Soldato
Resident Evil 7 is a great game. Closer to the original trilogy than the latter games apart from maybe the last 2 hours of the game which is more of tribute to the later games. Still the later games are great in their own right - it's just fans of the originals were more vocal in their distain for the way the series went - personally I love the later games too.

Sounds like I will enjoy. Might pick it up.

First half of the game is amazing. Really creepy and tense with great atmosphere, then it just becomes a bit of a generic actiony fps type affair. It almost feels like 2 games sandwiched together. Its definitely worth playing though and while the second half isn't a patch on the first half, its still fun to play through. The steam sale price isnt amazing, i'm sure its been £20 or less on cdkeys.

I dont really trust key sites, although most find them just fine I know, just a thing I have. Might pick this up.

Thanks for opinions.

Soldato
Anyone played Hollow Knight? Looks really good but there's too much choice and can't decide.
One of my favourite games of recent times.

Basically if you like the look of it get it. As it's everything it looks like + more :)

(was playing it again last night as it happens!)

Associate
Any games I can play with the gf?

I have just read this thread and a few games were mentioned but are they co-op so I can play on the one PC with Xbox controllers?

Stardrew Valley
Divinity: Original Sin (Classic)
Overcooked
Grim Dawn

Any other suggestions would be great. We've played Trine 2 and we liked that a lot. Also Dungeon Defenders looked good but it isn't couch co-op which is a shame.

Soldato

I have just read this thread and a few games were mentioned but are they co-op so I can play on the one PC with Xbox controllers?

Stardrew Valley
Overcooked
Grim Dawn

Any other suggestions would be great. We've played Trine 2 and we liked that a lot. Also Dungeon Defenders looked good but it isn't couch co-op which is a shame.
rocket league?

Soldato

Stardrew Valley
Overcooked
Grim Dawn

Get Divinity, I can't speak highly enough of it in couch coop

Soldato
One of my favourite games of recent times.

Basically if you like the look of it get it. As it's everything it looks like + more :)

(was playing it again last night as it happens!)

Thanks, just played this for the last hour. I was a little weary about the reviews having a good few negatives, until I read them over and realise it's full of people who don't like hardcore games. Pretty unfair reviews just because you find a game too hard to play.

It's punishing and it's a great game. I have played Dark Souls games though, so maybe I'm just used to being defeated for the 100th time :p.

Back
Top Bottom