TAXO - Whats The Catcho?

Associate
From just reading the last two paragraphs!! Hmmm..

Its your money so why loose it!

Speak to someone in the know by calling us now. Or simply download the information pack, complete and return it to us. Once received, once of our advisers will contact you and introduce themselves.

Caporegime
CIS is a nightmare but I wouldn't trust an outfit like that to sort it. Issues to do with being in or out of the uk can be tricky, but again I wouldn't go to them. Mileage, tools and professional fees are utterly basic issues and there's no excuse for not getting them sorted, but they're generally so simple that there's no reason to pay numpties like that to advise you.

Find a local small firm of accountants who will do a better job for less.

/chartered tax adviser

Soldato
The government will send you any arrears you are owed when they do their yearly audits. That's what happened with me. One day I received a cheque in the post that I wasn't expecting which was a pleasant surprise. I wouldn't trust that company OP.

Caporegime
The government will send you any arrears you are owed when they do their yearly audits. That's what happened with me. One day I received a cheque in the post that I wasn't expecting which was a pleasant surprise. I wouldn't trust that company OP.
The government won't send you a repayment if you don't make claims you're entitled to. These services are geared towards helping you make those claims.

But yeah, I wouldn't go with these people.

Associate
OP
Well like me, you seem to have confirmed it's dubious, but like i said i've got people from the shop floor all the way to the top who have claimed back £1000's. Over a year ago one of the lads got £4000 back claiming travelling expenses even though he rides a bike into work.

Does anyone know what the process is with the tax office? Will they all eventually have to pay it back when the tax office catches up with them? Or will they get away with it?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Not sure why you'd need to use them to claim tax back when leaving the country, it's a simple form that takes about 10 minutes to fill in? Then they still get it wrong and send you a second cheque randomly a year later - at least that was my experience.

Soldato
The government won't send you a repayment if you don't make claims you're entitled to. These services are geared towards helping you make those claims.

I received a tax return without asking or knowing I was entitled to one, so you are wrong.

Caporegime
http://taxo.org.uk/

I know dozens and dozens of colleagues who have claimed tax back through this site and they are all getting around £3500 - £5000 back. I however just don't want to do it because i think it's a scam. For a start the website has loads of spelling mistakes. Plus page one of the form they give you asks for all your banking information. I'm very dubious, even though everyone seems to get £1000's back.

Has anyone else heard of this company? I can't find any information on google as when i type in the search bar Taxo i just get taxi companies in the search results.

The big one at my work is "Rift" a few have used it and what they've described as been done/what they filled out is blatant tax fraud.

2 buildings on the same site listed as two separate works so they can claim fuel alowance etc, despite only having visted the other building once a year for training etc

They aren't they're geared towards fraud and leaving you holding the bag

Well like me, you seem to have confirmed it's dubious, but like i said i've got people from the shop floor all the way to the top who have claimed back £1000's. Over a year ago one of the lads got £4000 back claiming travelling expenses even though he rides a bike into work.

Does anyone know what the process is with the tax office? Will they all eventually have to pay it back when the tax office catches up with them? Or will they get away with it?

This is like asking what any office is like.
Mistakes are made there's so much to go through things get mixed

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime
I received a tax return without asking or knowing I was entitled to one, so you are wrong.

he's not wrong, you've just misunderstood what he posted - by claims he's talking about deductions etc.. the government can't automatically refund you for these unless you inform them of them

though as Tefal has alluded to this sort of company might take a rather liberal and potentially dodgy view of what you ought to be claiming for

Soldato
I'm not wrong either. If I mis-understood then fair enough.

You're not, but they're two different things. Automatic refunds via PAYE, either on a cumulative basis or after the end of the tax year, due to two jobs, bonus, incorrect tax code etc. are entirely separate from deductions (claims) made as part of a self assessed tax return or before the PAYE calculation.

To be fair to that site, the rules around what is deductible and not are quite complicated so I can see how they get custom but my main reservation about that website is purely the presentation - it doesn't look exactly trustworthy.

Caporegime
Sounds like you didn't know what you were doing then.

Anyone can fill in a tax return, but for most it's very boring as you just have PAYE income and nothing else. It's not a question of being "entitled" to one.

They aren't they're geared towards fraud and leaving you holding the bag
Heh. I was giving them the benefit of the doubt, but if it's anything like your two site thing above then yeah, well dodgy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime
Wrong. I just wasn't aware that I was owed money till they contacted me.
But from the sound of it, it wasn't a tax return anyway, it was a PAYE error, so likely your employer's mistake. You referred to it as a tax return, so no, you didn't know what it was, sorry. Anyway, that's business as usual and nothing like what this outfit are purporting to offer.

Soldato
Sooo they could be writing up false expenses for you, letting you claim back the "overpaid" tax minus their fee but it will still be your problem if HMRC has another look at it?

Caporegime
Some of it is legit things like claiming your money for clothes etc.

I didn't know anything about that iirc I'm entitled to 120 quid a year off my PAYE tax for clothing.

Need to get round to doing the form

Back
Top Bottom