New car keyed:( Repair Advice please.

Soldato
I think people are been a bit off suggesting you may have done something to cause it to happen.

I last year had a brick thrown at my window, no reason other than kids been bored. Of course I was accused of doing something to cause it by my landlord, but no was just random bad luck.

Either random or someone jealous of your BMW me thinks.

Transmission breaker
Don
You have my sympathy. My 7 series was done when I parked outside my house on the road (had a large delivery of soil taking up the driveway).
My street had a history of people parking in it to use the local train station, I guess someone took a dislike to a car parked on the road and did the entirety of one side.
I removed almost all of it with tcut and a foam drill attachment.
Worked amazingly well actually!

Last edited:
Soldato
That is really frustrating. Mindless vandalism by some low life.

Although you can look at the positive, when you get the bumper resprayed you'll have a perfect stone chip free front bumper.

Soldato
OP
I've not owned the car long enough to annoy anyone yet;) Besides, it occured 60 miles away from where I live. I've got it booked in next week for a respray so all will be sorted then. I just wish I could have obtained some cctv footage of the person who did it. The coverage only extends to a certain area of the car park though and not where I parked. Nearly 20 years of driving and I've never had it happen before, so I'm just going to reluctantly accept it and move on. Might get a dash cam fitted though.

Associate
What's the point? He has no video evidence from the restaurant CCTV, no witnesses? What are the Police going to do, really?

The point is that if other cars have been scratched in the same way they might have a pattern. They may even know who has done it if that person was caught doing someone else's car.

Another reason to have a dash cam with parking mode.

Back
Top Bottom