Celebrities you've met / seen randomly

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Luton Airport about 12 years ago, some guy in a long black coat next to me in the urinals finished first and was looking down washing his hands at the sink as I went up to do the same. He looked up and I saw Val Kilmer. Caught his eye in the mirror, I was clearly puzzled looking as he grinned at me then walked out. He was tall, but could easily see he had put on a lot of beef since batman

Permabanned
Broke down with little cash and no cards in Stratford Upon Avon, had to find a hotel for the night which blew all but £10, so was nursing a half pint of beer when Elizabeth Taylor and a load of cronies came into the bar, she heard me asking the bar man if I could have another drink and pay in the morning when a pal picked me up. He declined. She immediately took charge and bought me enough drinks to make me very happy and spent an hour chatting whilst her cronies looked more and more annoyed that some scruffy oik was getting her full attention. A lovely lovely lady and stunningly beautiful at the time. The next day I saw her at breakfast and she wouldn't hear of being paid back (in any manner.... ;))

Only other celebrities were Cliff Richard who took me for a ride in his brand new Jensen Interceptor when his manager got sick of wiping my nose marks off the windows (I was about ten at the time). Another charming person, as was his manager, zero edge to either of them, just seemed like regular blokes staying at the same hotel as my parents and I in the New Forest. My mother was beside herself at finding him in the same hotel, and was daubing make up on like an old hussy and I remember my old man telling her to pull herself together! Once saw the James Bond villain Charles Gray in a London boozer, he had a lot of presence, sounded just as he did in the films, and a notable (but seemingly unwanted) interest in the young barman :) Big bloke, instantly recognisable, and seemed fond of funny cocktails.

Associate
Steve Punt was wondering around the car park (quite small) that I use for work about 8am one morning - had his coat collar up, and a massively annoyed look on his face as he was speaking into his mobile - I didn't approach

Saw Andy Partridge in the tapas bar in Swindon a couple of weeks ago (yes it only has one tapas bar) - been hoping to see him for years. Afterwards I pulled up Senses Working Overtime on youtube, and almost cried when I saw how young he looked...that's what 35 years does

That's the standard of celeb we get in Swindon

Soldato
The female lead in my latest short has been cast as the new Princess Leia or something. She was very, very good.

Soldato
Others forgotten:

Watched supergrass in Shepherd's Bush, as we were having a wee me and a mate were joking about The band bush being from the area and that talentless Gavin Rosdale who by that time was rightly a forgotten Nirvana lite. Out of the stall stepped none other the man himself. I almost felt bad about it, but I'm sure he consoled himself with the huge profits from his (and his missus) multi million selling albums, despite an utter lack of credibility, integrity or respect.

Stood next to someone from Blur apparently (oddly at another supergrass gig), I didn't even notice them.

Sat opposite from most of Kasabian and the drummer from the cooper temple clause, in a weatherspoons near Brixton academy. Both bands were supporting the black rebel motor cycle club, they got the coopers drummer totally smashed, at the subsequent gig the coopers drums were unsurprisingly, all over the place, still the coopers sounded better than Kasabian to me.

Gave £10 to the not entirely famous DJ rubbish and sometime cassette boy collaborator, explained it was for his album which I had acquired through other means, seemed a jolly good fellow from peckham.

Not sure I've deliberately acknowledged anyone specifically for being famous, I can't see the point, mostly the whole British reserve is likely the best approach imho.

Associate
My mate from work goes to Notts shopping on his days off and always bumps into people randomly.
Found Shane Meadows in halfords and had a chat with him, also found Caesar Milan the dog whisperer somewhere and was laughing because of how short and orange he was lol.

Soldato
I used to work in a nightclub that doubled up as a concert venue -

Gwen Stefani stroked my hair while singing Don't Speak (I was manning the pit).
Huey Morgan shared a bottle of AfterShok.
Prince apologised about the behaviour of his bodyguards.
Evan Dando was warned not to block fire exits.
Jamie Murphy (Space) was warned about pestering girls.
Skin (Skunk Anansie) gave me a kiss on the cheek after I chucked out a guy who was being racially abusive.

Soldato
It's a few years ago now (probably about 4) but we hired a plasterer to redo our bedroom wall and it turned out to be Eddie 'the eagle' Edwards. We didn't recognise him to start with (too young:o) but our next door neighbour was star struck, never seen him so often as that day!

Soldato
Was out two years ago just before Christmas for a night out with friends and Russell Howard walks into the club we were in. He was a really nice chap, had a few drinks, danced with different people, had loads of photo's taken etc.

Associate
Many years ago I shared a table at a wedding with Sienna Guillory and her husband, Enzo Cilenti. At the time, I had no idea who they were and hardly said a word to them. I was the quiet, shy type back then and found it difficult to participate in small talk. It would have been interesting to have properly chatted with them...

Back
Top Bottom